• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your Signature Series Books

113 posts in this topic

And another multi-signature book:

ss129.jpg

Waitaminute... I thought one of the rules of the Signature Series was that you couldn't have creators sign the same book on different dates/occasions. That unless all the creators were at the one specific event you were SOL in terms of multiple signatures.

Waitaminute... I thought one of the rules of the Signature Series was that you couldn't have creators sign the same book on different dates/occasions. That unless all the creators were at the one specific event you were SOL in terms of multiple signatures.

This book was done before the "one location" rule was in place. Notice the 2003 date.

This book was done before the "one location" rule was in place. Notice the 2003 date.

That is exactly the reason.

That is exactly the reason.

Interesting. Well that makes me curious: why did CGC feel the need to start the "one location" rule?

Interesting. Well that makes me curious: why did CGC feel the need to start the "one location" rule?

Without the "one location" rule, CGC would have to hold onto the book that has already been signed until the next creator is available. For example, if Chris Claremont has already signed Uncanny X-Men #141, but you wanted both Claremont and Byrne, CGC would have to hold onto the book until Byrne is available. Well, who knows how long that book would be held until Byrne makes his next appearance. You can't really blame CGC for not wanting to hold onto a book indefinitely.

Without the "one location" rule, CGC would have to hold onto the book that has already been signed until the next creator is available. For example, if Chris Claremont has already signed Uncanny X-Men #141, but you wanted both Claremont and Byrne, CGC would have to hold onto the book until Byrne is available. Well, who knows how long that book would be held until Byrne makes his next appearance. You can't really blame CGC for not wanting to hold onto a book indefinitely.

Would CGC really have to hold onto the book? I mean, if say, Beyonder brings one of his SS books signed by Byrne to a convention where Claremont will be at, can't a CGC rep just watch as the book is cracked out of its slab and signed by the new person?

Would CGC really have to hold onto the book? I mean, if say, Beyonder brings one of his SS books signed by Byrne to a convention where Claremont will be at, can't a CGC rep just watch as the book is cracked out of its slab and signed by the new person?

Didn't know you meant an already slabbed book. Good question. I'd love an answer to that question as well.

There are no exceptions to the new multiple locations rule.

CGC will not allow you to crack open a Signature Series book in front of a CGC rep to get it signed by a second individual.

We've discussed this with them on a few occasions.

This may be a dumb question, but how do people get these Signature Series books?

Are they the result of a formal "Signature Series" signing session that is set up in advance, or does the collector just pull a CGC rep from the CGC booth, drag him/her over to the artist's line and have him/her witness the signature?

confused-smiley-013.gif

1. There is a formal signing at the CGC booth (or in the case of SDCCI at the ACTOR booth attached to the CGC booth). The person registers the book there and gives it to CGC to get graded after it gets signed.

2. A company like Paradise makes arrangements to meet with a creator who then signs a batch of books for Signature Series.

3. A person stands in line to meet a creator and arranged for a Signature Series witness to come over and witness the signing. They then walk back to the CGC booth and submit the books.

4. A company like Paradise sends a witness with all books for a specific creator and stands in line to get them signed.

Nice batch of books everyone. Most of them look familiar. I have a few interesting comics from the signature series as well. I'm getting ready for San Diego and don't have time to post them but remind me next week and I'll scan them in. I have about a dozen or so.

If anyone wants some books done. I will be making the CGC my home base in San Diego and Chicago. Feel free to stop by and say hi. I'd be happy to try and help out.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

416 487-9807

paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

If anyone wants some books done. I will be making the CGC my home base in San Diego and Chicago. Feel free to stop by and say hi. I'd be happy to try and help out.

Peter, name your price to get Kate Beckinsale's autograph on the Underworld Movie Adaptation.

CGC will not allow you to crack open a Signature Series book in front of a CGC rep to get it signed by a second individual.

Why not? (And I hope you don't think I'm just trying to argue, Kevin, or say it's a dumb rule and needs to be changed, I just want to know what compelled CGC to institute this rule in the first place, especially since they *used* to do it.).

Well, the rule (no multiple sigs from multiple locations) was instituted in the first place for a number of reasons, not all of which I am privvy to. I believe it had a lot to do with holding books for people, plus keeping track of who signed what and where was a problem as the documentation was not always up to snuff, which it has to be.

As for the no crack-out rule... I believe it comes down to the decision of no multiple sigs from multiple locations and not adding a rider to that statement "except when...".

Yes, they could do it, but that means making exceptions to that rule... and they don't want to make exceptions.