• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS
10 10

237 posts in this topic

• Administrator

2019 "THIS SET DOESN'T EXIST, PLEASE BUILD" REQUESTS

(*PLEASE READ - BIG CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE*)

This is the thread to request full set additions to the CGC Registry. (Requests for expansions to existing sets can be made in 2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUESTS)

Please add your request to this thread. Also, check to make sure that the set does not already exist on the registry (it helps to skim through this thread and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too)

IMPORTANT:

*There must be more than one issue/book in the set or graded by CGC to create a set. As a rule, if there is only one issue graded (even if the issue & variant of the same issue are graded) we will not make the set. We prefer that there be evidence of someone collecting the series rather than just having passion for the one issue. You are welcome to display these books in the custom registry sets until you are able to obtain and grade additional issues.

*Any request for a "custom" or specialized set that is competitive will need a list to be provided. The complete list of books should be included in the request post. Competitive "Custom" sets are currently limited to Cover Artist complete sets & Mini-series/One-Shots sets for a character/title. Any others should be created using the non-competitive custom set option now available.

Please note: Custom/Specialized Sets expanding across different titles are very time consuming to build. Please be patient.

*Posts that have been edited after the original posting date will now be skipped and not revisited. Meaning, if you add more to your request at a later date, I will not fulfill it. Your request will be ignored and you will need to resubmit your request. In short, don't try to skip others. I'm hip to it. Don't do it.  Make a new post for your new requests, don't add to the old one.

When the set has been added, I will "LIKE" to your post directly, so you know when the set is available. I hope that this will help with the thread to not be so lengthy and be easier to see who's request was filled last and where you are in queue.

Please see the first post for the requests that still need to be filled from 2018. If you made a request that has yet to be fulfilled and it is not listed on the next post, please PM me with a hyperlink to your original post and I will make sure that it is fulfilled it first.

If you have any questions, please contact me at: mdavis@cgccomics.com

All the best for your collection in 2019!

-Mollie

Hi Mollie- Happy New Year!

would like to request these new sets:

1. ‘Venom: Carnage Unleashed’ set

#1-4 (mini-series)

2. Venom (Complete w/ Variants) set

containing all Venom mini-series and series, starting with ‘Venom: Lethal Protector’ (first solo title), including others such as ‘Venom: Sinner Takes All’, ‘Venom: Carnage Unleashed, ‘Venom vs. Carnage’, etc., and ‘Venom’ series ‘til the present.

Thanks!

Hello Mollie,

Can you add

Doc Samson vol 1 (1995/96) 1-4 issues

Battlecats 1-5 issues (Mad Love Comics)

Thank you for your time

(Can't build Doc Samson. Only one issue graded.)

@TheGirlHasNoName I don't believe there is a set for Nintendo Power at all? so was requesting that it be added... :shy: 

I know there are several copies of #1 and #6 graded and slabbed, I'm not too sure about further issues, so if this constitutes "not many collecting" I'll understand why there is no registry set in place :foryou: 

38 minutes ago, Nico70 said:

Hi, I would like to request

Avengers #675 - No Surrender, Ross Sketch Cover

Amazing Spider-Man #797 & #800 - Mayhew Variant Cover

Thank you

The more appropriate thread this request should have been placed in is Mollie's 2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST.  In addition, the books which you are requesting slots for already exist.

- Set Avengers (2017) has a slot for Avengers #675 - No Surrender, Ross Sketch Cover

- Set Amazing Spider-Man (2015) has slots for the Mayhew Variants to ASM 797 and 800.

16 minutes ago, workingdog said:

The more appropriate thread this request should have been placed in is Mollie's 2019 "I WANT THIS TO BE ADDED TO A SET" REQUEST.  In addition, the books which you are requesting slots for already exist.

- Set Avengers (2017) has a slot for Avengers #675 - No Surrender, Ross Sketch Cover

- Set Amazing Spider-Man (2015) has slots for the Mayhew Variants to ASM 797 and 800.

I thank you very much :) 

Hi Mollie,

Hope the New Year is treating you well.

I'd like to request a new set -- "The Return of the Fantastic Four" Variant Covers

Here are the first 16 issues:

*Hunt for Wolverine: Defenders #1 by Steve McNiven

*Punisher #1 by Salvador Larroca

*Captain America #2 by?

*Amazing Spider-Man #3 by Steve Epting

*Deadpool #3 by Rob Liefeld

*The Sentry #3 by Rob Liefeld

*Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 by Moebius

*X-23 by Carlos Pacheco

*Doctor Strange #4 by David Aja

*Immortal Hulk #4 by Arthur Adams

*Thor #4 by James Harren

*Venom #5 by JP Mayer

*Avengers #6 by John Cassaday

*Weapon H #6 byJ. Scott Campbell

*X-Men: Red #7 by David Marquez

*Astonishing X-Men #14 by Adam Kubert 

Thank you,

Warren

Hi,

I’m requesting a new set.

Bill Barnes, America’s Air Ace by Street and Smith from 1941 for issues #1 to #12.

The series began with Bill Barnes Comics #1 with a name change to Bill Barnes, America’s Air Ace, with issue #2.  After #12, the name changed again to just Air Ace (which already has a registry set).

Thanks!