• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

794 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 7:33 AM, Parabellum said:

Found this at Baltimore comic con yesterday.  For $80….why not.

92D11E24-D433-4C53-8A35-409C53FB9C1B.jpeg

I've been tempted to get a slabbed copy on this issue, because a disproportionate amount of copies I've owned have had the centerfold falling out of the book. I've had numerous copies with this defect. Am I the only one? The one I bought off to the stands way back when had that problem, and I've owned several more since then. I have a stack of them, and many copies perfectly intact, but it really seems like part of this print run went out with some sort of stapling problem.

Beautiful stuff as always. Enjoyed catching up on the thread! 

WHOAAAAAAAA!! $700 FRICKIN BUCKS!!!

WELL I GUESS I'M NOT GETTING IT THEN LOL

My friend put forth and guessed about $250-350

I said it was ONLY ONE game, but it's got the blasters so I thought maybe, $350-450....

doh! Oh how we were so simple in our estimates and guesses :ohnoez:

:roflmao: 

Screenshot_20211101-120145.png

On 11/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

WHOAAAAAAAA!! $700 FRICKIN BUCKS!!!

WELL I GUESS I'M NOT GETTING IT THEN LOL

My friend put forth and guessed about $250-350

I said it was ONLY ONE game, but it's got the blasters so I thought maybe, $350-450....

doh! Oh how we were so simple in our estimates and guesses :ohnoez:

:roflmao: 

Screenshot_20211101-120145.png

That's not terrible, but yeah, still over priced

On 11/4/2021 at 7:03 AM, F For Fake said:

Somewhat related to @Parabellum's lovely Alien 2 discussed above, this guy showed up yesterday. I have been slowly picking away at my sealed Alien computer/video game collection over the last year (VERY slowly!) and this guy popped up on eBay a couple of days ago. I received an alert, I logged in, and saw this item I'd been looking for from a new seller with very low feedback, priced BIN at about 1/4 what they normally sell for. Rolled the dice, and two days later it was in my hands! It looked too good to be true, but it was all good. Now, if you're an Aliens fan who was playing games in the 90's, you're likely well aware of how much this game sucks. BUT, it's not like I bought it to play. I love the graphic and the big boxes of that era. 

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

Never seen that before :applause:

Very cool!

On 11/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Never seen that before :applause:

Very cool!

Thanks! Yeah, it's one I've wanted for a while, can't believe I got it randomly like that. It's a lot of fun as long as you never actually play the game ha I think it was the death knell for point and click "adventure" games.

Edited by F For Fake
i can't spell, apparently

On 11/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, F For Fake said:

Thanks! Yeah, it's one I've wanted for a while, can't believe I got it randomly like that. It's a lot of fun as long as you never actually play the game ha I think it was the death knell for point and clock "adventure" games.

I didn't PC game, so the only aliens gamed that I really played were the Arcade Aliens and Atari Jaguar Aliens vs Predator 

I think I had Alien3 for Sega Genesis at one point 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:25 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I didn't PC game, so the only aliens gamed that I really played were the Arcade Aliens and Atari Jaguar Aliens vs Predator 

I think I had Alien3 for Sega Genesis at one point 

Aliens has had a very shaky history with video games. I know I've posted about it before, but the C64 "Alien" game was huge to me as a kid, and was really the thing that kicked off my Alien obsession. It was as rudimentary as you'd expect, but really was one of the first examples of "survival horror" games. I also spent a lot of time with, Aliens - The Computer Game, which was also kind of crummy, but charmingly so.

I actually really liked Alien 3, which I used to play on Genesis. It was a fairly standard side-scrolling platformer, sure, but I liked the grungy design. 

I used to own an Aliens coin-op arcade cabinet. Bought it off the internet 25 years or so ago for $300. I was like 18 or 19 and still living at home. When I moved out, my folks definitely didn't have any use for it, so I sold it to a local guy for about what I'd paid for it. Really wish I'd just kept it in storage, as they certainly aren't any easier to find nowadays. 

Alien Trilogy was a decently themed shooter, Alien Resurrection was more of the same. I never got into the various AvP games, because I generally stay away from the AvP side of things. I'll say that in Alien:Isolation, we finally got a truly terrific, terrifying horror game. It's hard as hell (at least for me, I'm not great at games) but the atmosphere is perfect.

Most recently we got Aliens Fireteam this summer, which is a very rote squad-based shooter for online multiplayer, which I'm not a fan of. Nothing special about it.

Some day, somehow, someone will deliver unto us the PERFECT Aliens game. In my lifetime, hopefully!

On 11/4/2021 at 12:32 PM, F For Fake said:

Aliens has had a very shaky history with video games. I know I've posted about it before, but the C64 "Alien" game was huge to me as a kid, and was really the thing that kicked off my Alien obsession. It was as rudimentary as you'd expect, but really was one of the first examples of "survival horror" games. I also spent a lot of time with, Aliens - The Computer Game, which was also kind of crummy, but charmingly so.

I actually really liked Alien 3, which I used to play on Genesis. It was a fairly standard side-scrolling platformer, sure, but I liked the grungy design. 

I used to own an Aliens coin-op arcade cabinet. Bought it off the internet 25 years or so ago for $300. I was like 18 or 19 and still living at home. When I moved out, my folks definitely didn't have any use for it, so I sold it to a local guy for about what I'd paid for it. Really wish I'd just kept it in storage, as they certainly aren't any easier to find nowadays. 

Alien Trilogy was a decently themed shooter, Alien Resurrection was more of the same. I never got into the various AvP games, because I generally stay away from the AvP side of things. I'll say that in Alien:Isolation, we finally got a truly terrific, terrifying horror game. It's hard as hell (at least for me, I'm not great at games) but the atmosphere is perfect.

Most recently we got Aliens Fireteam this summer, which is a very rote squad-based shooter for online multiplayer, which I'm not a fan of. Nothing special about it.

Some day, somehow, someone will deliver unto us the PERFECT Aliens game. In my lifetime, hopefully!

I'm eagerly awaiting an Isolation sequel, the fact they brought Sigourney on board with that was amazing 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I'm eagerly awaiting an Isolation sequel, the fact they brought Sigourney on board with that was amazing 

Yes, totally awesome. It was so gratifying to play an Alien game where it felt like someone really "got it".

On 11/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, F For Fake said:

whoa that would be an awesome score in price for an arcade!

I posted the T2 above, if it had come with the Aerosmith shooter alongside, I'd have paid. But it's at $700 for just the 1 game, and that is not a full up arcade... well compared to what you had :) 

On 11/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, F For Fake said:

Yes, totally awesome. It was so gratifying to play an Alien game where it felt like someone really "got it".

The atmosphere, the "old" future tech. 

It was a true collaboration of hard core fans

On 11/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

whoa that would be an awesome score in price for an arcade!

I posted the T2 above, if it had come with the Aerosmith shooter alongside, I'd have paid. But it's at $700 for just the 1 game, and that is not a full up arcade... well compared to what you had :) 

Cabinets used to be a lot cheaper, of course, EVERYTHING was a lot cheaper. I really wish I'd held onto it, but oh well. I DO still have my Pac-Man arcade cabinet. It was my uncle's, and I used to play it a lot when I was a kid. When he passed, my aunt asked me to help her sell it. We got a lot of lowball offers, nothing fair at all. So I told her that I'd match the offer, because I'd rather keep it in the family. She ended up just giving it to me, for my birthday. I spent a month or so working on it. It needed a deep cleaning. You wouldn't BELIEVE the thick layer of BLACK gunk I wiped off of the screen, as people used to just hover over these machines and smoke like chimneys. I paid about $200 to have the screen fixed up (needed to be re-capped) and did the touch-ups to the body myself. And I'll never let it go.

I love the classic arcade cabinets, and I dig the One Ups too, but if I bring another cabinet into the house, my wife will almost certainly murder me.

On 11/4/2021 at 2:39 PM, F For Fake said:

Cabinets used to be a lot cheaper, of course, EVERYTHING was a lot cheaper. I really wish I'd held onto it, but oh well. I DO still have my Pac-Man arcade cabinet. It was my uncle's, and I used to play it a lot when I was a kid. When he passed, my aunt asked me to help her sell it. We got a lot of lowball offers, nothing fair at all. So I told her that I'd match the offer, because I'd rather keep it in the family. She ended up just giving it to me, for my birthday. I spent a month or so working on it. It needed a deep cleaning. You wouldn't BELIEVE the thick layer of BLACK gunk I wiped off of the screen, as people used to just hover over these machines and smoke like chimneys. I paid about $200 to have the screen fixed up (needed to be re-capped) and did the touch-ups to the body myself. And I'll never let it go.

I love the classic arcade cabinets, and I dig the One Ups too, but if I bring another cabinet into the house, my wife will almost certainly murder me.

Indeed! I've tried to rally the home behind them, but it's a hard sell, for as often as you actually play them. Due to that, I try to intentionally play to justify lol 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed! I've tried to rally the home behind them, but it's a hard sell, for as often as you actually play them. Due to that, I try to intentionally play to justify lol 

"See? Look! I'm playing with it! It's worth it! Let me keep it, please!"

yeah, that's part of the problem. They are lovely art objects, but they're just not very...useful. Like, I loved OWNING that Aliens game, but after you've beaten it a couple of times, you'd never want to play it again. And Pac-Man is a game with a lot of playability, but I am still terrible at it ha It gets a good workout whenever we have a Xmas or Halloween party or something. Kids still find those huge machines fascinating.