• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and everything Dark Horse
8 8

795 posts in this topic

Picked up some cheap DH books at the Lex Con this weekend. Most were $1-3, the second pic were all $5. @ParabellumI was thinking of you with that Terminator purchase, as it looked really sharp, and I was hoping it would have 9.8 potential. If so, I was going to surprise you with it. Unfortunately it has a couple of marks on the back, so I guess I'll keep it and read it! But I'm looking out for ya!

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

On 3/28/2022 at 1:56 PM, The Meta said:

Amazing how Aliens Salvation is still a 5 dollar book lol

Not a pump and dump eh?

Yeah, that was actually at the very first booth I went to. I always check the "A"'s for Alien stuff, and sure enough, it was sitting there for $5. I've got a couple already, but I scooped that sucker up. I can't turn 'em down! That was the only copy I saw at the show, oddly enough. Given the recent run up in price, I thought there might be a few for sale.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, that was actually at the very first booth I went to. I always check the "A"'s for Alien stuff, and sure enough, it was sitting there for $5. I've got a couple already, but I scooped that sucker up. I can't turn 'em down! That was the only copy I saw at the show, oddly enough. Given the recent run up in price, I thought there might be a few for sale.

Read it and tell me if that is a "hidden gem"

On 3/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, The Meta said:

Read it and tell me if that is a "hidden gem"

I love Salvation, it's long been one of my favorite Aliens books. It's Aliens, it's Mignola. I'm an easy mark for both. But I wouldn't pay more than $5-$10 for a nice copy, and used to find them all of the time for around cover price. However, unlike most of the DH Aliens books, I don't recall seeing this one in the dollar bins over the years (like Sacrifice, Newt's Tale, and the other Aliens PF books.) I'd credit the Mignola collectors for that saving grace.

With the all black cover I'd say it's uncommon to find it in grade out in the wild, but it's nowhere near "hard to find" or "rare", eBay flippers be damned.

It's a super book, though. Awesome cover. Gibbons, Mignola, Nowlan...if you were an "artist's artist" nerd back in the 90's, AND an Alien fan, this book was pure heaven.

Edited by F For Fake

On 3/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, F For Fake said:

I love Salvation, it's long been one of my favorite Aliens books. It's Aliens, it's Mignola. I'm an easy mark for both. But I wouldn't pay more than $5-$10 for a nice copy, and used to find them all of the time for around cover price. However, unlike most of the DH Aliens books, I don't recall seeing this one in the dollar bins over the years (like Sacrifice, Newt's Tale, and the other Aliens PF books.) I'd credit the Mignola collectors for that saving grace.

With the all black cover I'd say it's uncommon to find it in grade out in the wild, but it's nowhere near "hard to find" or "rare", eBay flippers be damned.

It's a super book, though. Awesome cover. Gibbons, Mignola, Nowlan...if you were an "artist's artist" nerd back in the 90's, AND an Alien fan, this book was pure heaven.

Well, I wish I could agree lol

Its a nice book, but overall a meh book to me

On 3/28/2022 at 3:48 PM, The Meta said:

Well, I wish I could agree lol

Its a nice book, but overall a meh book to me

Different strokes, and all that. Like I said, this one was tailor made for me. If I have an alley, this book was ALL UP IN THAT ALLEY. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, The Meta said:

Sacrifice was a terrible book

It's...not great.

And to be clear, my enjoyment of Salvation is based strictly on the book itself. I don't think it is, nor should it be considered, a rare or valuable book. I'm not on any pump and dump train.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, F For Fake said:

It's...not great.

And to be clear, my enjoyment of Salvation is based strictly on the book itself. I don't think it is, nor should it be considered, a rare or valuable book. I'm not on any pump and dump train.

Of course, that would never cross my mind, we are the same ilk lol

Not as crazy as @Parabellum though :baiting:

On 3/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, The Meta said:

Of course, that would never cross my mind, we are the same ilk lol

Not as crazy as @Parabellum though :baiting:

Parbellum is the kind of crazy I admire! A man on a mission!