• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Asteroid-Comix
1 1

69 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

This is very well reasoned.  But I will say that I had been the Seller and they dropped the "don't ship until after Jan 1" on me I would not have even though about it again until the first weekend of January, and it would have been exactly the same for me as it was for Frank. You can't ask for something, have the Seller do it within a reasonable time, start a Paypal dispute and then complain about lack of communication.  Buyer was the one who asked for the three week shipping accommodation. Who knows how inconvenient that may have been for Frank. But he did it and got all the BS for his trouble.

Sorry about not just doing another meme.

Stick to memes, bro.

I love reading these, but rarely chime in, but I will this time.

If I get a message from a buyer to wait on shipping an item, chances are I wouldn't respond and just figure the buyer wouldn't worry about that being a problem. If he was so worried ,why didn't he follow it up a couple days later and ask, "hey just making sure it's ok to send after Jan.,1st." Then ,if I were the seller, I would realize, this guy is one of those guys that need alot communication and confirmation.

But, he sends a message on the 31st saying to go ahead with the shipping, that he made it home a little early. That make me think he wasn't worried about the seller getting the message to ship the book later and wouldn't be a problem doing so. 

People's communication before, during and after holiday's often are off their normal schedule. In this case, I feel the OP acted in haste. Besides the OP, I'm not sure why anyone would even consider this a PL nomination.

9 hours ago, seanfingh said:
14 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

I have worked with Frank on many occasions and jump at any opportunity to purchase from his threads.  IMO, he's one of the best guys on this entire forum.

With that said, I have to agree with @manetteska here.  If there was never a confirmation that the book was to be held until 01/01, then I can see how the buyer could have a case.  Afterall, how would the buyer know that the seller didn't just disappear (especially if there was indeed no tracking number)?  Should Frank have been nominated here?  If the clock started on December 9th when payment was made, then that constitutes 30 days from the time of the original post.  There is an argument that this is valid.

Now, this doesn't dismiss the buyer's behavior in other threads, but those issues should be taken into account separately with regards to the discussion of this exact issue.  Otherwise, if this buyer (or anyone in a similar situation) had a legitimate issue, he would have no recourse, as he's automatically assumed guilty.

Could this situation have been handled better?  Absolutely!  Should a PayPal dispute have been opened before the the nomination here?  IMO, no (you have 45 days to open a PayPal dispute, so 15 days to work something out here).

Don't take this as me outright defending the buyer.  As manetteska stated, this isn't so black and white.  The buyer already stated that the nomination can be closed.  The PayPal dispute has supposedly also been closed.  The buyer didn't do himself any favors here, but I think we can all put him on our block list and simply move on.

This is very well reasoned.  But I will say that I had been the Seller and they dropped the "don't ship until after Jan 1" on me I would not have even though about it again until the first weekend of January, and it would have been exactly the same for me as it was for Frank. You can't ask for something, have the Seller do it within a reasonable time, start a Paypal dispute and then complain about lack of communication.  Buyer was the one who asked for the three week shipping accommodation. Who knows how inconvenient that may have been for Frank. But he did it and got all the BS for his trouble.

Sorry about not just doing another meme.

giphy.gif

FWIW

The OP purchased a book from me Dec. 1. The book was shipped on Dec. 3 and I got notice that he received it on Dec. 8th. 

No issues. 

Shortly after the deal was made, I got warning from another boardie that there was some issues with the OP in another sales thread. I was unaware of those issues, and by the time I was warned, the deal had already gone through. 

I only mention this because the deal happened at around the same time. Just information for everyone to consider. 

I think the issue at the time was that the OP had retracted a bid in someone's sales thread. 

This has likely been a costly thread for the OP. 

Good luck in your future endeavors.