• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boxes for Slabbed Mags

5 posts in this topic

Just curious if there are more inexpensive options than buying a ready-made box for mag slabs.  I believe they measure 15-1/4 x 9-7/8 x 14.  

I don't have many slabbed mags - roughly 100 so ponying up for the real deal is fine as I could by with four, maybe five of them and that is probably my best bet but I am going to subbing more mags in the near future and it just made curious if there are other (as good) options.

Thanks

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Just curious if there are more inexpensive options than buying a ready-made box for mag slabs.  I believe they measure 15-1/4 x 9-7/8 x 14.  

I don't have many slabbed mags - roughly 100 so ponying up for the real deal is fine as I could by with four, maybe five of them and that is probably my best bet but I am going to subbing more mags in the near future and it just made curious if there are other (as good) options.

Thanks

I use a box that was intended to hold vinyl record albums. Works well and you can also use it for regular slabs and other things. If you have a resale shop for vinyl anywhere in your area maybe you can pick up a box and try it.  

4 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I use a box that was intended to hold vinyl record albums. Works well and you can also use it for regular slabs and other things. If you have a resale shop for vinyl anywhere in your area maybe you can pick up a box and try it.  

Thanks Bob.  I will check into it.  

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Another suggestion, use a regular comic book shortbox and store them sideways, spine on the bottom. 

Hadn't thought about that.  I have stored some of my regular slabs in a slab storage box laying on its side with spine down to fit into what little space I have.  I have some extra regular comic boxes so I can try this.  :foryou: