• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*IMPORTANT* CGC 1st Appearance Stan Lee
2 2

91 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jmulli said:

Maybe you should get a brain, the simple question is... does Stan Lee have a 1st appearance in comics? He has appeared in and on hundreds of them. 

The answer is yes! of course!

He is only the most important person in comic book history, but according to you, we shouldn't be concerned about this. Go back to sleep.  

'Get a brain', bootlicker was better than that.  (shrug) You have humbled me so much, I just feel terrible. No, we should not be concerned about this. In fact, you are the only one concerned with this. I wonder why. Maybe because you want it on the label of your book so you can get more money .

7 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Bootlicker ? That's the best you got ? You are obvious not getting any sympathy for your crusade here. Please leave. Also, in your next reply, please think of something better than 'bootlicker'.  

Do you even know what a bootlicker means? I doubt you do.

I am getting to the bottom of what is the 1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee? Why don't you call CGC and see what they say? 

Do you even know what a bootlicker means? I doubt you do.

I am getting to the bottom of what is the 1st comic book appearance of Stan Lee? Why don't you call CGC and see what they say? 

Hey , look what I just found. Apparently you changed your mind, I wonder why ? :baiting:

Screenshot (1404).png

1 minute ago, Illustrious said:

The only "first appearance of Stan Lee" is in this book right here:

25882898937_ea79d7bdae_c.jpg

This is the first comic book that Stan Lee ever had his writing published, commonly known as his first comic book story. But he does not appear in or on the comic. Nice try. 

This is the first comic book that Stan Lee ever had his writing published, commonly known as his first comic book story. But he does not appear in or on the comic. Nice try. 

Hey MUlli, what's taking you so long to respond to this..............................

Screenshot (1404).png

14 minutes ago, jmulli said:

I  guess you will say something like "who cares

You guess wrong. I mean with cgc and label you guessed wrong, "who cares" what you think is correct.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Hey , look what I just found. Apparently you changed your mind, I wonder why ? :baiting:

Screenshot (1404).png

CGC does not recognize Krazy Komics #12, 1943 as Stan Lee's 1st appearance, even though he does appear in this comic. 

Also, his appearance in Astonishing #4, 1951 is not recognized by CGC. 

I've been talking with CGC for a very long time about this, all they say is that Black Rider 1950 is Stan's 1st appearance. 

But they have not recognized any comic as being his 1st appearance, with notation on the label, which is unbelievable to me. 

The "Real people do not get 1st appearances" answer CGC gave me is untrue because of the Alice Cooper Marvel Premiere #50. 

Even though if you call and ask them what comic is Stan Lee's first appearance. they will tell you it is the 1950 Black Rider.

1 minute ago, jmulli said:

CGC does not recognize Krazy Komics #12, 1943 as Stan Lee's 1st appearance, even though he does appear in this comic. 

Okay, you answered your own question. Apparently, you are arguing for the recognition of your book as the 1st app on the label when you obviously believe otherwise. Please go away. 

Also, his appearance in Astonishing #4, 1951 is not recognized by CGC. 

I've been talking with CGC for a very long time about this, all they say is that Black Rider 1950 is Stan's 1st appearance. 

But they have not recognized any comic as being his 1st appearance, with notation on the label, which is unbelievable to me. 

The "Real people do not get 1st appearances" answer CGC gave me is untrue because of the Alice Cooper Marvel Premiere #50. 

Even though if you call and ask them what comic is Stan Lee's first appearance. they will tell you it is the 1950 Black Rider.

In the first panel he's referred to as "Mister Lee".  Then a few pages, he says "Just call me Stan."  That there is definitive proof of a legitimate 1st appearance contender.  1) Mentioned by name, 2) appears in multiple panels.

Anything other than that is simply you misunderstanding what CGC is trying to tell you.  And even if CGC mistakenly says "that's his 1st appearance" you're just gonna blindfully accept it contrary to proof that says otherwise?  Scientific method much?

Sorry, 1947 is the earliest appearance unless someone has a screenshot of Krazy Komics #12 proving otherwise.

And AGAIN, if you would be less stubborn and just accept Black Rider as the "1st cover photo of Stan Lee" i'd give it to you.  But you're so hung up on it saying "1st appearance" when it isn't an appearance by any definition of the phrase as used in the comics medium.

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

You guess wrong. I mean with cgc and label you guessed wrong, "who cares" what you think is correct.

Bird, you make no sense! Please learn how to communicate so what you write makes sense. If you do not care about finding out the truth about Stan Lee's 1st comic appearance then go back to something more suitable for your intelligence level, go back to watching Bevis and Butthead and don't concern yourself with CGC policies. 

5 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Okay, you answered your own question. Apparently, you are arguing for the recognition of your book as the 1st app on the label when you obviously believe otherwise. Please go away. 

Could you be more of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! CGC will say it is the Black Rider, even if I disagree, it is what CGC says . 

Could you be more of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! CGC will say it is the Black Rider, even if I disagree, it is what CGC says . 

Again, CGC says Teen Titans #12 is the first appearance of the Batman Who Laughs.  In fact, Teen Titans #12 and Metal #2 came out on the same day, yet storywise, Metal #2 occurs before Teen Titans #12 which should thus give it the tie breaker making it the 1st appearance.  CGC is a 3rd party company and has no legitimate say in what is or isn't a 1st appearance.  They go off what the market says.

Why are you so insistent that Black Rider is the 1st "appearance"?  Why are you so unwilling to accept facts contrary to your incorrect beliefs?