• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghostbusters 3 (2020)
3 3

138 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, Juno Beach said:

Well I hated it. Every plot point was telegraphed. Boring, derivative, with no honest reactions from human beings seeing ghosts, demons and the dullest end of the world ever. Everybody was just so ho-hum about what the were witnessing. Setting it in small town, Oklahoma didn't help. It felt small and unimportant with zero stakes. With the exception of the little girl (Phoebe?) the characters could have been cardboard cut outs. Avoid this turkey. 

That’s too bad. It was filmed a few hours down the road in “small town” Alberta.

Estimated $9.75 million of Friday. This is a strong hold form the 16.6 million last Friday. A 41% drop on today's world is very respectable. Movie is at $73 million total domestic.  Very surprised so far that Disney's Encanto seems much weaker than I expected with an estimated $11 million of Friday. (from Boxofficereport.com) 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:36 AM, drotto said:

Estimated $9.75 million of Friday. This is a strong hold form the 16.6 million last Friday. A 41% drop on today's world is very respectable. Movie is at $73 million total domestic.  Very surprised so far that Disney's Encanto seems much weaker than I expected with an estimated $11 million of Friday. (from Boxofficereport.com) 

Supposedly it is Clifford that is distracting general audiences from Disney films.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

Supposedly it is Clifford that is distracting general audiences from Disney films.

The other excuse I am seeing is that Encanto will be free on D+ on December 24th.  That is only a 30 day theatrical window.  Many people are just waiting to see it.

"Ghostbusters: Afterlife” took the runner-up slot, with Sony projecting a five-day total between $35 and $38 million. The comedy revival topped the domestic box office in its debut last weekend, earning $44 million.

Sony’s strategy of opening “Afterlife” slightly before Thanksgiving to stir up solid word-of-mouth ahead of the holiday seems to have proven fruitful. The film will expand its domestic cume to about $88.5 million after Sunday, well on its way to surpassing the $100 million mark.

Saw it this afternoon.  Lots of interest in this movie at the Gigantoplex - could not buy tickets for several showings.  It was entertaining, despite being similar in many aspects to the original.  Wasn't really expecting a super original masterpiece, so I wasn't disappointed.  I would have done some things differently but I could say that about most movies I've seen.

Saw Ghostbusters Afterlife over the weekend.

Good Lord what a piece of garbage. :boo:

Retread of the original movie.

Humor besides her first joke was terrible, full theater and no one laughed.

Barely any ghosts, and the main was just awful acting.

Ending was okay + the two post credit scenes, but not enough to save this movie.

It was basically a carbon copy of the original.  (shrug)

Also why is that mom such a deadbeat loser?  Get a job!

Edited by NewWorldOrder