• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghostbusters 3 (2020)
3 3

138 posts in this topic

I finally watched it tonight.  I got sucked in by all the callbacks and nostalgia. 3.5/5

I might round up to a 4 because I recognized some of the filming locations littered throughout Southern Alberta.

Did it break new ground? Nope.  Does that bother me? Not really.

How did this movie pull it off and Matrix 4 did not?

As an aside, I remember seeing the original as a 12 year old with my friends in the Summer of 1984. Good times.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:21 PM, piper said:

I finally watched it tonight.  I got sucked in by all the callbacks and nostalgia. 3.5/5

I might round up to a 4 because I recognized some of the filming locations littered throughout Southern Alberta.

As an aside, I remember seeing the original as a 12 year old with my friends in the Summer of 1984. Good times.

I agree, that was a lot of fun!

Phoebe stole the show, and that mid credits scene was hilarious

Edited by Artboy99

On 1/5/2022 at 8:21 AM, piper said:

I just bought it on iTunes, will watch it tonight. I was 14 when I saw the original in the Summer of 84 and I’m looking forward to this.

Forgot to follow up after watching. Ghostbusters in the 80’s were teen movies that I loved then but never really rewatched to the extent of other 80’s movies like Aliens. Afterlife is more of a kids movie than a teen movie. I thought it was a great throwback but don’t see repeated viewings in my future. Predictable ending but well done on the touching end scene. I’m glad they made it. I still can’t believe they screwed up the 2016 Ghostbusters with the great female cast they had. These ladies are hilarious (except for McCarthy, but she’s ok). That movie lacked story, charm and the camaraderie the four should have shared. But now we get a proper number 3 and you should watch it with your kids right after introducing them to the original. 

I watched an unofficial stream of a digital copy last night.

I genuinely enjoyed it. 

It made me smile.  

I thought the ending and the two credits scenes were perfect. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, The Meta said:

Watched this at home, and again on a plane ride

Very well done and looking forward to a sequel

I was surprised how much my family and I enjoyed this movie. It really did a good job of playing on the franchise heart strings.