• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghostbusters 3 (2020)
3 3

138 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

Not if you are at Screen Rant :nyah:

I do think this movie could have fairly decent legs however.  Very family friendly, which could play well heading into a family oriented weekend.  I know it will finish second to the Disney release, but for kids between 6 to about 11 it is a great film. Not explicate sex and very light on romance, maybe 5 or 6 curses in the entire film.  Not really scary, but it may be a little intense for some kids.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, drotto said:

I do think this movie could have fairly decent legs however.  Very family friendly, which could play well heading into a family oriented weekend.  I know it will finish second to the Disney release, but for kids between 6 to about 11 it is a great film. Not explicate sex and very light on romance, maybe 5 or 6 curses in the entire film.  Not really scary, but it may be a little intense for some kids.

We'll know Monday what the early reaction was to the film.

But there has been so many mentions in reviews and moviegoer comments how certain scenes were so emotional tied back to the original films, we'll what WOM that brings.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

We'll know Monday what the early reaction was to the film.

But there has been so many mentions in reviews and moviegoer comments how certain scenes were so emotional tied back to the original films, we'll what WOM that brings.

I though I saw an A- Cinemascore already?

I don't think that the critics truly understand that this is the Ghostbusters that fans wanted.  They wanted to see Bill Murray in a Ghostbusters suit again.  It was a fun surprise just to see Murray in the suit while he was in Zombieland.  All it has to be is, 'entertaining' and have Bill Murray in it at some point and directly tie into what came before it and the fans will go see it.   

The Paul Feig directed Ghostbusters had the principal surviving cast in it but they were not playing the original Ghostbusters.  A wink and a nod would not do.  People wanted to see Peter Venkman. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/22/2021 at 10:24 PM, Mmanick said:

Saw this one with the family and loved it. No agenda pushing just a good old fashioned movie. 

I talked to a woman that works at my office that overheard me talking about this movie with another employee.  She decided to take her entire family (including Grandma), and they all loved it.

On 11/22/2021 at 7:44 PM, drotto said:

I talked to a woman that works at my office that overheard me talking about this movie with another employee.  She decided to take her entire family (including Grandma), and they all loved it.

It was a pretty solid movie that's for sure

Well I hated it. Every plot point was telegraphed. Boring, derivative, with no honest reactions from human beings seeing ghosts, demons and the dullest end of the world ever. Everybody was just so ho-hum about what the were witnessing. Setting it in small town, Oklahoma didn't help. It felt small and unimportant with zero stakes. With the exception of the little girl (Phoebe?) the characters could have been cardboard cut outs. Avoid this turkey.