• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should a seller care WHO buys their books?

31 posts in this topic

Ideally, I would prefer to sell to a fellow collector who would enjoy my collection hopefully as much as I did. However, a sale is a sale and getting what I feel is a fair offer is what matters at the end of the day regardless of selling to a collector or dealer. 

The one thing I can't stand is selling to someone who claims they are a collector and not a dealer and then just wants to flip the books anyways. I'd rather have you be honest with me from the start. If you want to buy the books to flip that's fine. There are so many posts out there on social media that say they're a collector and sell to them because of that but they're just flippers who don't sell comics full time. 

On 3/31/2019 at 12:39 PM, Bird said:

Does it matter who created your books/art? I ask in light of Armando Gil's guilty plea last week to child molestation or whatever sexual abuse charges they were. 12 year old and 14 year old female. Would you get rid of his work now or do you separate the work from the creator.

I just noticed that you wrote this... Pete Davidson had a fun and interesting take on separating the artist from the art. 

I don't know if I can link it here since he pokes fun at everyone from the Catholic Church to Henry Ford.  It can easily be found though since the main topic is Pete Davidson on R Kelly.

Essentially though it is okay to enjoy the art as long as you can admit that these were bad people or staffed with some bad people. Own it.   

15 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

99.99999% of the time, if I'm selling something (ebay, to a store, to a friend, etc.), it's because I need the cash for an expense or another book.  So, with that, once it's gone it's out of sight out of mind.

What if, after I received the book, I messaged you saying that I'm gonna wipe my butt with it?

Still "outta sight outta mind"!?

26 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What if, after I received the book, I messaged you saying that I'm gonna wipe my butt with it?

Honestly, yes if I sold it to you and got my money.  What you do with it after is all you dude.  If you want fancy t-paper, so be it!

P.S. this only goes for you though.  Anyone else I care what you do with what I sell you in an imaginary world.

Edited by Crops068

Just now, Crops068 said:

Honestly, yes if I sold it to you and got my money.  What you do with it after is all you dude.  If you want fancy t-paper, so be it!

What if I send you a picture of the damage done..?

Maybe, quantum physically, some sharticles can retroactively enter your personal space...

Just now, TwoPiece said:

What if I send you a picture of the damage done..?

Maybe, quantum physically, some sharticles can retroactively enter your personal space...

Well that is just crossing a line.  And honestly the sharticles would likely be grounds for homeland security to lock you up as a new form of bioterrorism.  Just sayin!

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

Well that is just crossing a line.  And honestly the sharticles would likely be grounds for homeland security to lock you up as a new form of bioterrorism.  Just sayin!

If I can teleport sharticles into your house via quantum entanglement, you think the authorities can catch me..?

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

If I can teleport sharticles into your house via quantum entanglement, you think the authorities can catch me..?

Your DNA would be ALL over those sharticles.  I would of course just put in place my quantum entanglement entangelmenter and entangle your entanglement and send it back with cow patties included!

19 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

well wouldn't it be in mind as you are messaging the seller to tell them about the book so not really out of mind at that point lol