• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this a dead time

19 posts in this topic

to list stuff here or on ebay?

board seems a little dead, just wondering if comic collectors like to tune out when it's 100 degrees outside. i guess people are more likely to be on vacations. do you guys take vacations?

Many people are gearing up for the San Diego con and will use funds on hand to buy books there. However it is my opinion that traffic on ebay slows a bit during the month of a major con. With that being said there are still ample collectors with cash to spend trolling ebay on any given day.

I guess it's all about San Diego right now. I've been itching to sell some books on ebay, but I've been holding back because of the con. Anybody have any thoughts as to around when would be good to jump back into ebay?

About 2 days after me? grin.gif

It's not only SD, more so it's just plain SUMMERTIME - hey, it's an indoor sport for introverts 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif
Agreed. I'm slowly putting together a box of books to sell once winter forces all the fanboys back indoors. devil.gif

well, i don't think i was planning on listing much that would compete with potential san diego purchases... maybe some beat up stuff like my superman 11, my coverless all star 10, my beat up FF 48, otherwise mostly stuff that will sell for under $25. i guess money is money, 10 beat up $25 books can equal one nice $250 book

well, i don't think i was planning on listing much that would compete with potential san diego purchases... maybe some beat up stuff like my superman 11, my coverless all star 10, my beat up FF 48, otherwise mostly stuff that will sell for under $25. i guess money is money, 10 beat up $25 books can equal one nice $250 book

Too true. Sometimes it's a lot easier to sell 2000 one dollar books than one $2000 book. Guess the WoodChuck was onto something after all..

It's not only SD, more so it's just plain SUMMERTIME - hey, it's an indoor sport for introverts 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Yes, that's it exactly. People are definitely away from their computers. Not the diehards on the boards, but the more general collectors.

Summer holidays are probably an especially good time to buy on ebay and a particularly bad time to have one's auctions end. I know our domestic sales drop at times like July 4th weekend to the point where half our sales are actually from international customers.

Online retailers like MH, LS, and ourselves have bigger special sales in the summer because of the lower traffic. As many people have pointed out, summer used to be the busiest time. Now it's the slowest.

Remember when we were kids/teens and summer meant summer jobs and thus more comics?

Marc

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm, pondering putting up some FF SA reading copies (from the 20s through the 80s). i guess i'll set the opening bids at what i'm comfortable with. if they don't sell, into the store they go.

Yes, that's it exactly. People are definitely away from their computers. Not the diehards on the boards, but the more general collectors.

Summer holidays are probably an especially good time to buy on ebay and a particularly bad time to have one's auctions end. I know our domestic sales drop at times like July 4th weekend to the point where half our sales are actually from international customers.

Online retailers like MH, LS, and ourselves have bigger special sales in the summer because of the lower traffic. As many people have pointed out, summer used to be the busiest time. Now it's the slowest.

Remember when we were kids/teens and summer meant summer jobs and thus more comics?

Marc

I am focusing on private sales, and keeping just enough books up to let my regulars viewers know that I am still active during July and August . . .

It is, however, the best time to buy, as the competitive bidders are fewer . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif