• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I always loved, "He who dumps!!!"

He just wants some alone time!

pooping.png

23 hours ago, gpanalysis said:

The last time we saw the Mile High II copy sell was in June 2014 for $18,750 - this was double the average 9.8 sale price around the same time. So, fast forward to today's market, maybe it has something to do with the CVA label, and maybe the market has once again paid a premium for the Mile High II copy. 

At June 2014 MHII 9.8 sells for $18,750

At June 2014 last few month's 9.8s averaged around $9,830 - so around a 1.9 multiplier

-----

At Jan 2019 MHII 9.8 price sells for $59,000 

At Jan 2019 last few month's 9.8s averaged around $33,870 - so around a 1.7+ multiplier.

So, these figures of yours does confirm what some of the other board members are saying here.

Specifically, that the overall market appears to be softening a bit and Hulk 181, the MHII in particular, is starting to trend downwards.  hm  lol

Or NOT!!!  :flipbait:

I'm batting .154 so far, with only 2 wins out of 13 bids (and outbid on 11 other upcoming auctions). Seems like pretty healthy results so far, especially on anything even resembling a key! No wins to speak of last night, but here is one of my misses. congrats to the winner (if they're lurking here).

00120531696000110233337006.jpg

i did not pick this up after hoping to try, thanks to the super high price it ended at - $6,500.  worth it since it's the best looking 4.5 i've ever seen. now every dealer will be pricing their yellowed, chipped 4.5 xmen 1s at $6900.   this book has seen huge price variations depending on how cruddy or nice the book presents. another 4.5 sold on CL just a couple months back for 5k, largely because it had a missing corner.

xmen1-4.5-jan2019-fullpic.jpg

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i did not pick this up after hoping to try, thanks to the super high price it ended at - $6,500.  worth it since it's the best looking 4.5 i've ever seen. now every dealer will be pricing their yellowed, chipped 4.5 xmen 1s at $6900.   this book has seen huge price variations depending on how cruddy or nice the book presents. another 4.5 sold on CL just a couple months back for 5k, largely because it had a missing corner.

xmen1-4.5-jan2019-fullpic.jpg

Isn’t the 22k 7.0 that sold last night a record for X-men 1

on the other hand the 7.0 ff1 Stan Lee sig at 33k and 7.0 AF 15 at 85k were  great deals based on other recent sales of those books

57 minutes ago, rabidwolf said:

Isn’t the 22k 7.0 that sold last night a record for X-men 1

on the other hand the 7.0 ff1 Stan Lee sig at 33k and 7.0 AF 15 at 85k were  great deals based on other recent sales of those books

i didnt even follow that one because it was so poor looking for the grade! the 4.0 also ended very strong, in spite of ridiculous water stains all over the back, that most people didnt see because CL doesnt post back photos. 

usually after a CL auction ends i take screen shots of all the key silver age books for my records. i'll make a record of that one for sure! 

On 1/24/2019 at 3:42 AM, gpanalysis said:

The last time we saw the Mile High II copy sell was in June 2014 for $18,750 - this was double the average 9.8 sale price around the same time. So, fast forward to today's market, maybe it has something to do with the CVA label, and maybe the market has once again paid a premium for the Mile High II copy. 

At June 2014 MHII 9.8 sells for $18,750

At June 2014 last few month's 9.8s averaged around $9,830 - so around a 1.9 multiplier

-----

At Jan 2019 MHII 9.8 price sells for $59,000 

At Jan 2019 last few month's 9.8s averaged around $33,870 - so around a 1.7+ multiplier.

I think it's all quite conceivable that this price reflects the MHII label as much as a CVA label. Both arguments could be made.

Either way, $59,000 for a Bronze Age Comic... :whatthe:

What about the mile high II 9.4 that sold for right around market rate in 2006 (maybe while it was still considered a real pedigree)? 

There are plenty of data points for CVAs on C-link going for way above average GPA sometimes double! 

Paying multiples for CVAs is one thing but paying 20k over GPA high for a fake pedigree? "Both arguments could be made"?...Seriously??? 

If it's nuts to pay a multiple for CVA than it's (crack snorting padded room) level wackery to do same for a fake pedigree! Nevermind the "interesting" way it got that designation from CGC to begin with 

Edited by MGsimba77

2 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I don’t know if my collecting focus has all of a sudden changed or maybe I’m feeling a bit nostalgic , but this 4.0 oww just called out to me. I know I see #19 pop up a lot and I guess it’s common hat. Superman gets the shaft cover. 

E25B6840-9CEF-425F-9721-95320F4C1B39.jpeg

Bah!  So you're the culprit who outbid me!!!

Helluva pickup sir!!

11 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i did not pick this up after hoping to try, thanks to the super high price it ended at - $6,500.  worth it since it's the best looking 4.5 i've ever seen. now every dealer will be pricing their yellowed, chipped 4.5 xmen 1s at $6900.   

Your comment is, unfortunately, true. 6,500 is now the new minimum price going forward. 

14 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Lol there’s a few 19s in the next CC. Easy as any Action there is. This one fit me good timing wise. Sorry to :makepoint: ya

No worries at all man, I'm trying for like 100 books tonight, and I've already won like 9-10 of em....and we're only on the B's!!

So ya, you actually helped me keep the CLINK tab down a few thousand....THANK YOU!!! lollollol