• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, DocSaum said:

They charged you almost $200 to ship two books?? Are they shipping separately and do they come with fifty dollars bills in the packing box? 

I should have clarified, it was 13 total books. In the past I have had over 20 books not be that much, I thought it was an error and connected with them, apparently rates were raised based off of what they shared, the last 3 auctions were not nearly as high though.

Edited by PKJ

On 10/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, PKJ said:

I should have clarified, it was 13 total books. In the past I have had over 20 books not be that much, I thought it was an error and connected with them, apparently rates were raised based off of what they shared, the last 3 auctions were not nearly as high though.

Ah got it. Still high for sure but at about $12/book not that unreasonable just yet either.

On 10/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, PKJ said:

Here's the CGC FedEx rates. What you paid CL was comparable if they totaled over $50k.

fedex.jpg

On 10/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, Gaard said:

Here's the CGC FedEx rates. What you paid CL was comparable if they totaled over $50k.

fedex.jpg

I think they are using shipping fees as a profit center now. 

Won two books… value combined slightly over $1,200.  

Shipping $50 ?  Express $65 ?

At that point they should just personally drive them to Long Island and hand deliver them 😂

Next post… apparently I am bidding and buying in my sleep. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

On 10/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

At that point they should just personally drive them to Long Island and hand deliver them 😂

By the time  they process mine after the check clears express is pointless. 

I figured I was being punished for winning a Fish police book with the rest of the books.

Edited by PKJ

On 10/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think they are using shipping fees as a profit center now. 

I wonder if it is the old "Handling Fee", as I have not purchased from them in 13 or more years.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Coincidence. Won 2 books...value of a little over $1000. Charged me $50 for shipping. Just sent them an email expressing my displeasure. I know it won't do any good, but it made me feel better.

On 10/9/2022 at 4:59 PM, Gaard said:

Coincidence. Won 2 books...value of a little over $1000. Charged me $50 for shipping. Just sent them an email expressing my displeasure. I know it won't do any good, but it made me feel better.

I had asked another board member about this and he believes it is due to the insurance they must take out on packages now.   To be fair though they are still much better than what others are doing. 

I spoke to Heritage about something to do with their shipping and Fed Ex and I was advised to call Client Services.   When it comes to Fed Ex and Comiclink I can redirect their packages to Walgreens or have them hold it at a Fed Ex location.  I cannot do that with Heritage and it is getting to the point that I may have to stop even looking at their listings if I can no longer depend on receiving them at my convenience and peace of mind. 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, skypinkblu said:

Either it's nuts or I sold my Kaangas for about 100 times less than I should have;) 

No, and I will outright say it.

There are people bidding ridiculous amounts on mediocre and lower tier books.  There was a GI Joe 9.8 that went for almost a few thousand the other day and people were celebrating it as if there is new money or new recognition given for certain books.

Personally, I suspect someone is just looking for a place to dump money.  We have seen it before where someone uses the collectables hobby to launder or hide money.