• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,478 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 10:32 PM, skypinkblu said:

Just put some olive oil on the sticker, let it soak in for a few minutes (use a paper towel so it stays in one place) and you can rub the sticker off. I have no idea what is in Goo Be Gone, but Olive Oil and a few others work well, baby oil especially....

Also Jojoba (Trader Joes has it) and Coconut oil...

Those are the ones I've tried that I have at home, stuff I had in closets. I have also put some olive oil on a q-tip swab put that in the microwave for 15 seconds and it seems to take the last streaks off better.

Bottom line...C-link, please get some nice bags and put your stickers ON the bags...I don't think too many people love having your advertising on their comics.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Josh has been posting to the Borock/CL thread

Maybe he could pop in here & explain the continued use of the stickers..... @COMICLINK

I do not see them ever reversing course on this.  Seems that Metro and Comiclink want to brand the slabs that demonstrate to future owners where the slab passed through to generate advertising.

With that said, 

I use WD-40 but I will try olive oil in the future.  

On 2/9/2023 at 5:12 PM, Microchip said:

There's a lot of love for this book going around at the moment, any particular reason why you picked it up?

Hey, I've just always liked the cover and never owned a copy before.  I thought my max bid was a good bit on the lower side so I was pretty happy I got it for that.  

On 3/30/2023 at 1:04 PM, lizards2 said:

Hopefully, this one will turn out to be at least 9.2/NM-.

I have not had any luck on this issue with either raw or CGC in trying to replace the copy I purchased off the newsstand way back when.

Another issue where I'm wondering if CGC has some kind of modified grading standards on.

Really weird - a 9.6 sold for $400 last year? Insane.

champions10cgc9.6.jpg

Looks promising from the scan :wishluck:

On 3/30/2023 at 10:44 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Looks promising from the scan :wishluck:

Yeah - so did the alleged 9.4. :eyeroll: