• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,478 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, Beastfeast said:

So what am I missing about shipping on CL?  Is express and overnight the only two options?  $115 to ship 7 books is beyond stupid.  

I noticed this on my last order - not sure what they are thinking but HA is much less expensive to buy from which feels a bit crazy - they will hold multiple orders and that cuts shipping to very fair

On 4/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, Beastfeast said:

So what am I missing about shipping on CL?  Is express and overnight the only two options?  $115 to ship 7 books is beyond stupid.  

Even worse for those north of the border where shipping for one slab from CL is $100! :jawdrop:

Edited by Black_Adam

On 4/13/2023 at 11:11 PM, Beastfeast said:

Hmm, I won 12 books, and shipping options for 11-22 books are $55 ground insured, $150 express insured, and $180 overnight insured. Is it relative to the value of the books? My order is only for about $800 before the juice and shipping.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:38 AM, F For Fake said:

Hmm, I won 12 books, and shipping options for 11-22 books are $55 ground insured, $150 express insured, and $180 overnight insured. Is it relative to the value of the books? My order is only for about $800 before the juice and shipping.

Maybe. At about $1500. 

On 4/14/2023 at 5:38 AM, F For Fake said:

Yeah - I was just over the threshold on ground.  Reached out and they dropped it to $50, which is amazing.  

Sold a few books. The TTA #1 did fantastic, Conan Annual #1 9.6,  way under last sale but did fine considering I got it to my door at $60.

ST #72 was a beat-down but it was a throw away, since the other 2 books turned a nice profit.

Not lucrative selling, but clearly I am happy. More dollars to plow back into collecting while prices are rock bottom.