• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
32 32

2,471 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2023 at 10:46 AM, lizards2 said:

yeeesh - even DC seems to be hitting amazing highs. I managed to over-pay for this copy off clink last night.

I don’t know. I got this for $482 which seemed low to me off of Comic Link the other day 

image.jpeg.74ceed9e18b858f765fa3393ea396eb9.jpeg

On 1/21/2023 at 3:34 PM, comicartfan said:

I don’t know. I got this for $482 which seemed low to me off of Comic Link the other day 

image.jpeg.74ceed9e18b858f765fa3393ea396eb9.jpeg

Pricing is difficult these days with so many auctions/sales not reported, and any BINs on eBay priced at 1.5 nosebleed.

But yes, that does appear to be an ok price, with your cost being about $100 off GPA set two years ago. And way under the eBay asking price. 

But interesting thing about that GPA sale:

2020 2 $560 $351
Apr-30 $560 2096941012  
Apr-09 $351 2096941012  

However, the grading notes for your copy are WAY more attractive than the GPA sale copy referenced above.
Personally, I would be happy with your purchase. I think I only have a 7.5. 

Does anyone know why Comiclink's shipping is so high?  CGC can send a box of 25 slabs for about $45. Comiclink sends one book and it's $65. 37 books is $250ish.....  They are using the Diamond Comics method of turning their shipping department into an income stream. 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:00 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Does anyone know why Comiclink's shipping is so high?  CGC can send a box of 25 slabs for about $45. Comiclink sends one book and it's $65. 37 books is $250ish.....  They are using the Diamond Comics method of turning their shipping department into an income stream. 

CL pays retail and CGC doesn't. Shipping through CGC was considerably more pre-Blackrock acquisition. Also, CL is probably baking in cost of supplies in their shipping where CGC could be considering that into their cost to slab. But I think the not paying retail is where the majority of the savings come from. I doubt CL is making much, if anything, from shipping charges. The cost of shipping these days is outrageous and getting more so every day it seems. 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:05 AM, ThothAmon said:

Never seen that one before. What a great cover. Was it cheap? 

uhh..., depends where you are in the largesse...,

On 1/31/2023 at 3:05 PM, LordRahl said:

CL pays retail and CGC doesn't. Shipping through CGC was considerably more pre-Blackrock acquisition. Also, CL is probably baking in cost of supplies in their shipping where CGC could be considering that into their cost to slab. But I think the not paying retail is where the majority of the savings come from. I doubt CL is making much, if anything, from shipping charges. The cost of shipping these days is outrageous and getting more so every day it seems. 

I don't think there's any world where shipping one slab should be $65 unless is 25k+ and registered.  Even then, I think it's cheaper.  

A slab that's well packed is about what? $16 retail with no paypal/ebay/pirateship discount?  Cheaper if using literally ANY merchant account for shipping.  

On 1/31/2023 at 10:44 PM, Beastfeast said:

I don't think there's any world where shipping one slab should be $65 unless is 25k+ and registered.  Even then, I think it's cheaper.  

A slab that's well packed is about what? $16 retail with no paypal/ebay/pirateship discount?  Cheaper if using literally ANY merchant account for shipping.  

I have no idea where you are getting $65 for one book unless you live outside the US. I'm in CL checkout right now and it's $35 for 2-3 books (ground), sooo considerably cheaper than $65 for one book. Unless you want expedited shipping, which is of course far more expensive but FedEx charges an arm and a leg for overnight shipping so CL would of course pass that on. 

On 2/1/2023 at 11:31 AM, LordRahl said:

I have no idea where you are getting $65 for one book unless you live outside the US. I'm in CL checkout right now and it's $35 for 2-3 books (ground), sooo considerably cheaper than $65 for one book. Unless you want expedited shipping, which is of course far more expensive but FedEx charges an arm and a leg for overnight shipping so CL would of course pass that on. 

I won 1 book last auction.  It was decently expensive, not crazy. Shipping was $65. I did contact my auction coordinator, and they explained it was "new shipping rates". 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

I won 1 book last auction.  It was decently expensive, not crazy. Shipping was $65. I did contact my auction coordinator, and they explained it was "new shipping rates". 

Something is off here. I'm literally in CL's checkout page right now. I have 2 books won in this auction and my shipping charges are $35 for 2-3 books (that is the available tier because I won 2 books). How can shipping 1 book be more than 2-3? Now, Express Insured in $60 and Overnight Insured is $95 but that is not standard shipping.

I don't know for sure, so I might be talking out of my hole, but maybe, based on the value of the book(s), they use a higher 'tier'?

I did contact Spencer to express my displeasure of the drastic increase in shipping rates a couple of months ago. From one auction to the very next one, it seemed like I was paying almost double in shipping charges. Disappointing.

Edited by Gaard