• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "ritters"

7 posts in this topic

i see he is now no longer registered, depsite perfectly good feedback of nearly 3000 as of 2 weeks ago. anyone know what happened there?

i only asked because i bought some crime does not pay walt gibson file copies from him a few years back and am pondering selling them and figured i'd cite him as the source of my provenance given that he sold them to me, seemed reputable, etc.

ritters is Steve Ritter, a great guy, and a friend of mine I have known for at least ten years now. Last time I ran into Steve was at Wizard World Philly and everything seemed fine. He just moved to Ohio but is in the military, and his military duty may have something to do with his online status. My guess is this is temporary and will change back to normal within a matter of days. When I recently moved the change of address stuff with eBay and paypal was a nightmare and still continues to this day.

Joe

okeedoke, i guess i'll wait until he's back up before citing him as the source of my provenance info. citing to a no longer registered user looks weird. the info sounded good, but i guess it's hard to confirm this stuff. unfortunately, CGC didn't make a notation on the slabs i bought from him, perhaps because being in someone's personal collection doesn't necessarily make it a "pedigree" and/or simply buying something from a sotheby's auction purporting to be selling someone's collection may not be enough.

Steve is a good seller. I bought a lot of Golden age books from him both in person and from his ebay auctions Got a lot of nice deals over a couple year spead. One of the few dealers on ebay who would lista numerical grade and list every little ding on a book even if it was a low grade beater