• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Both.

I'm glad that men facing abuse is getting attention, because for too long it was perceived as a 1-way street. I just don't give a s**t about these actors' personal lives.

I agree it's fantastic that men being abused are getting some attention, but unfortunately I think the whole 'she mess in the bed' thing has turned it into too much of a meme for many people to take seriously (and yes, I'm guilty of making jokes about it too). The more people see that the male is not necessarily always the aggressor and abuser, and actually understand the full ramifications of that, the better. Our society is woefully behind in this area. 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, D84 said:

Did Ellen Barken ever testify? I heard she was going to do so.

She did. Clarified they were just sex partners. It was a weird testimony.

President of DC Films, Walter Hamada, testified via video today.

Warner Bros. Executive Says Concerns Over Casting Actress In ‘Aquaman’ Sequel Had To Do With Her Chemistry With Jason Momoa

Johnny Depp’s legal team started their rebuttal testimony on Tuesday with the video deposition of Walter Hamada, the Warner Bros. executive who said that their concerns over casting Amber Heard in the Aquaman sequel had to do with her chemistry with Jason Momoa.

In her $100 million counterclaim to Depp’s defamation lawsuit and her testimony, Heard contended that her role was reduced as she faced a “smear campaign” orchestrated by her ex husband as well as the legal proceedings against her.

Hamada, in deposition testimony recorded earlier this year, said that there was a delay in the studio’s option to cast Heard in the sequel because of the concerns over her chemistry with Momoa in the first movie.

He said that their interactions were improved in the first Aquaman via post-production editing and input from director James Wan.

“A good editor and filmmaker can pick the right takes, can pick the right moments,” he said.

When Heard’s attorney suggested that such editing was a normal part of the filmmaking process, he said, “Sometimes it is easier than others.” He said that improving the chemistry between Momoa and Heard proved more difficult, but “the end result works.”

:whatthe:

On 5/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

The sad part was that's the improved version. She always looked at Momoa in the scenes like he just 💩 in her bed.

Hamada testified at Johnny Depp’s $50 million defamation lawsuit on Tuesday that the studio considered for several weeks recasting Heard as Mera in the upcoming film, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Hamada said the studio’s concern was about the lack of chemistry between Heard and Jason Momoa, who stars as Aquaman.

“They didn’t have a lot of chemistry together,” Hamada said. “The reality is it’s not uncommon on movies for two leads to not have chemistry and it’s sort of movie magic and editorial — the ability to put performances with the magic of a great score and how you put the pieces together, you can fabricate that chemistry. At the end of day when you watch the movie, it looks like they have great chemistry. But I just know that through the] course of post-production, it took a lot of effort to get there. Sometimes you just put characters together on the screen and they work. It’s like what makes a movie star a movie star. You know it when you see it. The chemistry wasn’t there … This one was more difficult because of lack of chemistry between the two.”

That's a change for THR. :canofworms:

On 5/25/2022 at 6:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Personally, I don't think that Hamada knows WTF he's talking about. Same guy couldn't keep Cavill, Affleck, and Fisher around. I take his analysis with a grain of salt.

Momoa came to him to discuss the lack of chemistry with Amber Heard. It doesn't get more clear than that. So they were going to recast her.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:57 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not seeing anything that says Momoa went to Hamada? (shrug)

It's not the full testimony. Do you need me to find your sister's HBO Max password too?

:baiting: