• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

A lot of Thor talk for an Aquaman thread!

Anyway, I think the Necrus thing is a red herring, as studios often use fake project names to throw people off the scent.

I think the "Lost Kingdom" is Skartaris, and the book you should be looking at is 1st Issue Special #8. 

Of course, I've been saying this since the first Aquaman movie came out, but nothing I've seen from the second one has changed my mind. 

For those who haven't read Warlord, the area in the first Aquaman film where they go to get the trident - through the portal to a weird tropical land full of dinosaurs - that's Skartaris. 

Most of the history of Atlantis in the DCU was explored in the pages of Warlord. The story of the 7th lost tribe they tell in Aquaman is from Warlord #27 - that group that fled the destruction of Atlantis went through a portal and ended up in Skartaris, where they founded New Atlantis. 

Warlord_Vol_1_27.jpg.5ca4f0e953e26247a6ae001249689aec.jpg

As for what we've seen of the sequel, besides the name "Lost Kingdom" potentially being a reference to "The Lost World of the Warlord," there's also the fact that the photo of the "Necrus" scene clacker thing was in an ice cave.

This is potentially important because the main portal to Skartaris is in an ice cave in Siberia. This is shown several times, including this instance in Warlord #128:

RCO017_w_1472531899.thumb.jpg.ea39647c3c367641f38b87056722830b.jpg

Aquaman himself had a crossover with Warlord at one point also, though I'm not sure how relevant that story might be to the movie.

aqua94_71nm.thumb.jpg.db382b0d836b1d35be24ab94cce473b1.jpg

On 12/3/2021 at 1:07 AM, Crimebuster said:

I think the "Lost Kingdom" is Skartaris, and the book you should be looking at is 1st Issue Special #8. 

Of course, I've been saying this since the first Aquaman movie came out, but nothing I've seen from the second one has changed my mind. 

For those who haven't read Warlord, the area in the first Aquaman film where they go to get the trident - through the portal to a weird tropical land full of dinosaurs - that's Skartaris.

All of this.

While speaking with ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis for Moonfall, Patrick Wilson offered some insight into the long-awaited Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Though the actor kept his lips sealed on plot details for the film, Wilson did tease the sequel to have some "crazy" fight sequences and explained how the success of the original has driven Wan for the sequel. See what Wilson said below:

“The movie’s going to be a blast, we had such a great time shooting it, I will say that. James established what he wanted to do with the first one, it was clearly successful, and it’s like, ‘Okay, now let’s just push it.’ [Laughs] So every little goofy moment, heartfelt moment, action moment, the set pieces are unbelievable, the stunts were crazy. The fighting scene sequences are crazy and just awesome.”

Wan has now shed some light on the issue. He posted on social media following the release date change and updated fans on the film's VFX process. Wan confessed that he is "thankful for the extra time needed to craft this thing right."

According to him, Aquaman 2 is nearly all visual effects, and while he's been blown away so far by what has been created, it's clear there's still a lot of work that needs to be done. Wan further clarified that VFX is the reason behind Aquaman 2's delay in a reply to a comment from Collider's Steven Weintraub, writing, "Honestly, I couldn’t make the December release as much as I love the Christmas slot. I literally just finished shooting 2 months ago in January."

On 4/20/2022 at 9:40 PM, D84 said:

Between this and Ezra Miller, the WB public relations department must all be on blood pressure meds.

b18d99aa7e935ae5862530ff6b13d89e44e3e59b.thumb.jpg.5e36ad0c0771c5a5419e38797a0abee7.jpg

Relationships are so complex that, while I feel compelled to expound on the reasonableness of her sentiment, it's not worth the effort to have to explain my thoughts from every angle because some people will look at it through the lens of 'apology' rather than for what it really is.

Depp and Heard both made mistakes, and it's disappointing that the public must waste their time trying to solve the wake of their post-breakup match.