• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Doctor prescribes ......... DOOM [*_*]
2 2

92 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, Venomous72 said:

Wow this is a super nice 3.0.  Seems under graded, at least based on the front cover in this pic

I had sent it in expecting a 4.0, and went the express tier since the estimated value was too big for anything less.

It's unpressed. Not that the pressable defects would change the grade (those water spots are the worst aspect of it) but it might make the comic nicer and boost it to what I thought it was originally. I could always send it again, would definitely be worth it.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:04 AM, William-James88 said:

I had sent it in expecting a 4.0, and went the express tier since the estimated value was too big for anything less.

It's unpressed. Not that the pressable defects would change the grade (those water spots are the worst aspect of it) but it might make the comic nicer and boost it to what I thought it was originally. I could always send it again, would definitely be worth it.

Guess it depends on if you want to sell it at some point.  I could see myself sending mine in if they get a fancy Dr Doom label (not the Scottie Young one) but shipping $20k books is stressful.

Where are the water spots?

EDIT:  Oh I see, on Reed’s word bubble?  If so that is quite minor

Edited by Venomous72

On 1/16/2022 at 8:12 AM, lighthouse said:

I’ve always loved that the only dial that’s actually labeled is AIR. None of the other dials are important enough to need labels.

CA45B3B6-C58E-420D-8BB1-F8519A187289.jpeg

Got the grade back on this copy today. It’s a 9.2...