• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

824 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2022 at 11:27 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m surprised at the relative positions of these books so far

E9E88F74-E73D-403C-8C8D-EEDA0BF4BEC0.jpeg

C9FFE1D3-0C81-481F-8944-A87AB9D2D949.jpeg

7422D3CE-44A4-4F0E-9DD6-F7C08AB01568.jpeg

Why so? Hasn't #2 been a little more popular at least in recent years? Are you thinking the Thrilling Crime Cases should be higher compared to the Masks? It does appear to be the nicest graded example there is as the other 9.4 has Cream to OW pages.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:15 PM, Professor K said:

Why so? Hasn't #2 been a little more popular at least in recent years? Are you thinking the Thrilling Crime Cases should be higher compared to the Masks? It does appear to be the nicest graded example there is as the other 9.4 has Cream to OW pages.

Yes, I thought the TCC would be closer in value. I still think Mask 1 will best the higher graded 2

On 5/30/2022 at 9:12 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes, I thought the TCC would be closer in value. I still think Mask 1 will best the higher graded 2

Oh ok. It will probably sneak up at the end. And me too. I like Mask 1 a little better. The butterfly people flying into the candle of evil is just so symbolic. Emblematic. And just freaking cool looking. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:25 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

CC02DE5D-AFA1-4304-A755-8A06F823AF1F.jpeg

On 6/2/2022 at 3:19 AM, Professor K said:

The power of the "single highest graded" strikes again. 

Or if you want to , you could put it another way....................the insanity of the "CGC label chasers" strikes again.  :screwy:

Especially considering the fact that the Church copy which is supposedly a NM+ copy has yet to come anywhere even close to a CGC grading table and into the marketplace.  hm  :taptaptap: 

On 6/27/2022 at 5:30 PM, lou_fine said:

Or if you want to , you could put it another way....................the insanity of the "CGC label chasers" strikes again.  :screwy:

Especially considering the fact that the Church copy which is supposedly a NM+ copy has yet to come anywhere even close to a CGC grading table and into the marketplace.  hm  :taptaptap: 

Really? How do you know all this stuff. Don't answer I believe you. So there is an un-cgc graded Mask 2 out there? High grade you say? Nice to know. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:56 PM, october said:

1. Be unhealthily obsessed with old comics for a majority of your life. 

2. Be old.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, you guys are really getting up there.  :whatev: 

On 6/27/2022 at 5:38 PM, Professor K said:

Really? How do you know all this stuff. Don't answer I believe you. So there is an un-cgc graded Mask 2 out there? High grade you say? Nice to know. 

On 6/27/2022 at 5:56 PM, october said:

2. Be old.

Well, although it's true that I must definitely be getting old, I guess still not old enough to pull out Chuck's Mile High Catalog to see that he had both the Mask 1 and Mask 2 graded as NM+.  :gossip:

What's even more interesting is that he had the Mask 1 listed for $30 and the Mask 2 listed for only $25 and looking for takers which I guess was not so easy back then.  :takeit:  lol

On 6/27/2022 at 9:45 PM, Point Five said:

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah, you guys are really getting up there.  :whatev: 

I sometimes catch myself seeing a question from a newbie and thinking "how do you NOT know that?!?" 

Then I remember that not everyone has spent 20,000 hours reading/talking about this stuff. 

On 6/28/2022 at 12:35 AM, october said:

I sometimes catch myself seeing a question from a newbie and thinking "how do you NOT know that?!?" 

Once upon a time, I remember having similar thoughts concerning a certain newbie GA collector. :whistle:

On 6/28/2022 at 12:18 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, although it's true that I must definitely be getting old, I guess still not old enough to pull out Chuck's Mile High Catalog to see that he had both the Mask 1 and Mask 2 graded as NM+.  :gossip:

What's even more interesting is that he had the Mask 1 listed for $30 and the Mask 2 listed for only $25 and looking for takers which I guess was not so easy back then.  :takeit:  lol

Geez. I guess you're talking late 70's right? Even back then 55 bucks wasn't exactly a ton of money. I would think anything from that collection would have gotten 25 dollars out of the gate easily. 55 bucks, hard to even comprehend knowing what we know now. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:38 PM, Professor K said:

My Mask #2 is ungraded, but it's missing a piece out of the cover.  So it'll only get like a 1.5...   so it's only worth like 2k.  :p  

On 6/28/2022 at 12:43 AM, adamstrange said:

Once upon a time, I remember having similar thoughts concerning a certain newbie GA collector. :whistle:

You mean that october_fire character? Man, what a piece of work that guy was. Haven't seen him in years so I assume he just flamed out like so many of them.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:53 PM, Professor K said:

Geez. I guess you're talking late 70's right? Even back then 55 bucks wasn't exactly a ton of money. I would think anything from that collection would have gotten 25 dollars out of the gate easily. 55 bucks, hard to even comprehend knowing what we know now. 

If so, I imagine you would then be surprised at the number of Church book at were listed at only single dollar prices, including even some in the non-super hero genre or non-high grades at only $2 or $3 a piece.  :whatthe:  :takeit:

On 7/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, pmpknface said:

Ok, not a Mask book, but just wondering if anyone else saw these 2.  One still available and one apparently gone.  Also, there's a few new books up on CL for those interested (not mine):

image.thumb.png.defda53ddba4bc41eed9e6669ad8e543.png

That seems high.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

That seems high.

I'm guessing that you are talking about the Catman #28.  I totally agree, that book just breaks the guide in 1/2.  I had to sell a kidney to get my 1.8 copy.  I'm still kicking though!  

On a side note, pics coming of the latest submission of Cole books.  Just waiting for my latest sub to come in, which should be any day.  Spent a lot of yesterday watching baseball and picking out / logging books.  The next sub will be a big one...