• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

805 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Wow, I'm sure glad I never bought those in the 90s...:tonofbricks:

And to think my good friend Tri-colorbrian made fun of me for paying $200 last year for this one raw :( I mean... I don't normally pick up rags like this but glad I did for this one

Suspense8cgc1.jpg

26 minutes ago, pmpknface said:

Final hammer price on the .05 on CL.....

.... $1,650         :ohnoez:

The Power #3 CGC 3.5 (an underrated cover) got $938.  A few other strong prices too.

Good if you have one and bad if you don't :smile:

On 1/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, shortboxed said:

A CGC 0.5 with Brittle Pages and completely split and detached cover sold on CL for $2,260. 

On 2/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, like the other major high dollar keys, it now looks like the rush to buy entry level copies of classic covers have also moved into the stratosphere. :whatthe:

Yes, if we flashback to the mid 90's, it looks like the Church copy of Mask 1 sold for something like $2,800 during the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening.  :takeit:

On 2/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, szav said:
On 2/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

And to think my good friend Tri-colorbrian made fun of me for paying $200 last year for this one raw :( I mean... I don't normally pick up rags like this but glad I did for this one

Suspense8cgc1.jpg

Speaking of Church copies and the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening back in the mid 90's, I remember the Church copy of this book sitting behind glass on the top shelf of the mahogany armoire in the library right next to the Church copy of Mask Comics #1.   :cloud9:

Needless to say, a perfect pairing with the Church Suspense 8 looking absolutely glowing with the lights shining on the stunning colors and according to CBM, it sold for close to triple guide at something like $2,400 at the time.  Will most definitely become the highest graded copy whenever it gets slabbed, as the current highest graded copies are 3 of them in only CGC 7.5 VF- grade. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:40 AM, drbanner said:

The CC auction next month has nice, mid-grade copies of both #1 and #2, will be interesting to see where they end. 

Well, I guess it must still be too early in the game as this Ohio pedigree CGC 6.0 graded copy is still sitting at only $2,615:

mas2.37a.jpg

Trying to decide if I should place a bid or not, but can't figure out if I might have missed the better deal with the CGC 0.5 graded copy that just sold on CL for $2,260.  lol

I guess it must be a case of you snooze, you lose.  zzz

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, if we flashback to the mid 90's, it looks like the Church copy of Mask 1 sold for something like $2,800 during the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening.  :takeit:

I bought it well after that (2011 maybe?), and didn't pay a whole lot more. Maybe an extra grand. 

54 minutes ago, october said:
21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I bought it well after that (2011 maybe?), and didn't pay a whole lot more. Maybe an extra grand. 

Well, if you put it up for sale now, I am sure you'll get a whole lot more. (thumbsu

Maybe even an extra ten grand.  :whee:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you put it up for sale now, I am sure you'll get a whole lot more. (thumbsu

Maybe even an extra ten grand.  :whee:

Based on the offers I've already gotten, I am sure I would do ok. 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess it must still be too early in the game as this Ohio pedigree CGC 6.0 graded copy is still sitting at only $2,615:

mas2.37a.jpg

Trying to decide if I should place a bid or not, but can't figure out if I might have missed the better deal with the CGC 0.5 graded copy that just sold on CL for $2,260.  lol

I guess it must be a case of you snooze, you lose.  zzz

I can’t think of a single cover in the world that creeps me out as much as this one.  I’m afraid a spirit would inhabit my comic box (ok, I’m only kidding.  Sort of)