• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mask Comics actual pricing
10 10

805 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I can’t think of a single cover in the world that creeps me out as much as this one.  I’m afraid a spirit would inhabit my comic box (ok, I’m only kidding.  Sort of)

Que music from Rosemary's Baby!!  :devil:

On 3/8/2019 at 6:50 AM, Point Five said:
On 3/8/2019 at 12:52 AM, rjpb said:

image.png.b0eddfce289137dbfb11bd8c24fd7af7.pngimage.png.64ea7de1d2084e4a8612c47b8881a3f6.pngimage.png.070c7edce88965ee3ffabc2d5fd5bcd9.pngimage.png.0c2555fe30e7aa0739c089c81e8279a1.pngimage.thumb.png.a0e2c41bc5927791bff45256d3eeab6a.pngimage.thumb.png.2c7a7cab0c7c17847e7f68a36c06379a.png

OK, I'm done with comics. PM me your best price for the lot.  :taptaptap:

Yes, looks like it's got all of the hot flavors of the month covered when it comes to comic book covers and postage stamps.  (thumbsu

Namely, Hitler covers, Beatles cover, skeleton covers, devil covers, and those luscious and beautiful sexy GGA covers.  :luhv:

What more than one can ask for!!!  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

Last night.... this restored copy on heritage, which does look nice....

"Mask Comics #1 (Rural Home, 1945) CGC Apparent FN 6.0 Slight (C-1) Off-white to white pages. Classic cover by L. B. Cole. Bullet-in-the-head panel. Cole, Rudy Palais, and Maurice Gutwirth art. CGC notes, "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch, pieces added to cover, tear seal to cover, cover reinforced." Overstreet 2018 GD 2.0 value = $423; VG 4.0 value = $846; FN 6.0 value = $1,269."

Sale price........    $4,800 with the juice.

4 hours ago, pmpknface said:

"Mask Comics #1 (Rural Home, 1945) CGC Apparent FN 6.0 Slight (C-1) Off-white to white pages. Classic cover by L. B. Cole. Bullet-in-the-head panel. Cole, Rudy Palais, and Maurice Gutwirth art. CGC notes, "Restoration includes: small amount of color touch, pieces added to cover, tear seal to cover, cover reinforced." Overstreet 2018 GD 2.0 value = $423; VG 4.0 value = $846; FN 6.0 value = $1,269."

It should be interesting what the CC auction does on those two Mask's :popcorn:

I'm a little shocked as well with some of the Mask pricing. Was questioning the price for that recent Mask 2. Big jumps lately.

Edited by Rip

6 hours ago, pmpknface said:

Especially impressive since it was able to fetch almost 4X condition guide for what was once deemed as a dreaded restored PLOD copy.  :whatthe:  

Seems to be a continuation of the strong multiple to guide prices for the classic and HTF books that was so evident with the Jon Berk auction from a couple summers ago.  :applause:

20 hours ago, pmpknface said:
21 hours ago, comicjack said:

It should be interesting what the CC auction does on those two Mask's :popcorn:

No kidding.  I expect them to triple where they are with 3+ days to go at this rate, easy. 

This definitely wouldn't surprised me at all as L.B. Cole's more classic covers seems to be scorching red hot in today's marketplace.  

On the other hand, if you are looking for something that's not going to hit nosebleed prices, you could shoot for something not as well recognized:

cap19.136a.jpg

Nothing like the Mask 1 or even Cole's highly sought after Captain Aero 26's more classic si-fi cover, but definitely hard to beat a Cole si-fi cover that's still sitting in the $300+ range or only about half of condition guide right now.   

So, bid on this cheap little L.B. Cole beauty here instead of trying to rocket my (hopefully at least lol) Centaurs into the stratosphere.  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, pmpknface said:

MASK #1 CGC 6.0 WH Ohio OCopy...

$13,966

MASK #2 CGC 4.0 CR / OW... $5400

I consider #1 to be a top 10 GA cover and #2 as a contender for greatness so to me these prices make sense but it's still hard to absorb the sudden price increases.

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I consider #1 to be a top 10 GA cover and #2 as a contender for greatness so to me these prices make sense but it's still hard to absorb the sudden price increases.

Isnt sudden to me, classic golden age has been ramping up for a few years now. I am surprised by how high these books went, I was expecting $10000 would nab them both, now it is double that.

Fantastic if you have them :) :cloud9:

48 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Isnt sudden to me, classic golden age has been ramping up for a few years now. I am surprised by how high these books went, I was expecting $10000 would nab them both, now it is double that.

Fantastic if you have them :) :cloud9:

Ramping up yes, but every time I think I know what my copies are worth, they go up again.  :eek:

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Ramping up yes, but every time I think I know what my copies are worth, they go up again.  :eek:

I was so glad to get my #1 recently.  To me, the price increase doesn't really matter at this point, because I have no intention of selling it.

A fellow boardie said it best recently: "What would I do with the money?"

6 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I was so glad to get my #1 recently.  To me, the price increase doesn't really matter at this point, because I have no intention of selling it.

A fellow boardie said it best recently: "What would I do with the money?"

Congratulations Rob on securing your Mask #1! Great book! I realize you said you have no intention of selling it but 

if you ever change your mind please let me know. (thumbsu

17 hours ago, cbcnow said:

Congratulations Rob on securing your Mask #1! Great book! I realize you said you have no intention of selling it but 

if you ever change your mind please let me know. (thumbsu

You're killing me Isaac!  You already got one keeper from me! :sumo: