• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's ARMY OF THE DEAD directed by Zack Snyder (TBD)
1 1

199 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I was dubious for the first half of that trailer - but then you could see Snyder start to work his magic for the rest.

Cautiously optimistic.

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Very!

Gruesomeness since this is a zombie movie, comedy and plenty of action and intensity. All within 15 minutes.

I’m weak. Held out for 7 hours. Best opening ever. Maybe I’m biased having lived in Vegas for 5 years. What’s strange is how authentic (real) the strip looks when it would be impossible to get those shots. Loved the jets doing the bombing runs over the Blvd. Insane. I already want a prequel movie that takes it from the end of that 15 minute opener out to an hour and a half.  Since I assume we go from that scene to a month(s) later.

44 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’m weak. Held out for 7 hours. Best opening ever. Maybe I’m biased having lived in Vegas for 5 years. What’s strange is how authentic (real) the strip looks when it would be impossible to get those shots. Loved the jets doing the bombing runs over the Blvd. Insane. I already want a prequel movie that takes it from the end of that 15 minute opener out to an hour and a half.  Since I assume we go from that scene to a month(s) later.

Believe the prequel will be out if not EOY, then early next year. Along with the animated release.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, paperheart said:

Unfortunately folks like this that hate on Zack Snyder by default 'just because' with not liking his movies are very small people. Including critics that publicly posted their disdain for anything Zack Snyder.

snyderhater001.thumb.png.533b10804670e57cde46a141c927346f.png

Not that I'm saying fellow forumites do this. That would never happen. :shy:

Chris D’Elia was meant to be in Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead before serious allegations booted him out of the project. The thing is? The movie had already finished filming – meaning D’Elia’s parts had already wrapped up. But, just like Christopher Plummer was able to replace Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World post-filming, Tig Notaro came in to save the day.

Notaro recently opened up about getting the call from Snyder to play Peters instead of D’Elia:

“I was so baffled. I felt like there was some sort of misunderstanding… It didn’t seem possible for me to take on what Chris did. We’re such different actors and comedians. I honestly thought, regardless of what’s going on in his personal life, that his performance was excellent. But Zack said, ‘We want you to do exactly what you do.’ And, in turn, that’s all I did.”

On top of Notaro needing to play this character differently that D’Elia already had, Snyder also details the technical challenges in replacing a character who already was in certain scenes:

“I had to do this incredibly technical experiment, re-creating every scene, shot for shot. My visual-effects supervisor, Marcus Taormina, did the work of taking Chris completely out of the movie so Tig could have freedom [to move] within the scenes.”

Notaro also detailed filming the scenes, which involved a lot of green-screen and other challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic:

“‘They’d line up a piece of tape on the ground and say, okay, you’ve fallen in line with a group of people. You’re walking into a building.’ I’d be like, ‘Is it kind of a mosey? Okay, I’ll mosey.’ Then Zack might say, ‘That’s a little too fast with the moseying,’ and we’d start over again… [In the film’s climax, where a zombie is attacking Notaro’s scene partner,] That’s where I’m like, ‘I am not a trained actor’.

I had to be yelling lines, I have a zombie in the back of my helicopter, I have to press the right buttons and flick the right switches. You’re sitting there with all these adults standing ten feet away while you’re alone, acting like you’re crashing. I thought, Oh my God, I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Can we be done with this?”

tig_notaro.thumb.jpg.85c4f29b6958f5c90c9f0e7ee100e606.jpg

7 hours ago, paperheart said:

$735K estimated opening weekend on 600 screens :roflmao: works out to about 15 people per showing

Are you just trolling? Seriously don’t know.  I love zombie movies myself. Not for everyone. I’ll wait until I’ve seen it before I praise or trash it.

Edited by Oddball

36 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Are you just trolling? Seriously don’t know.  I love zombie movies myself. Not for everyone. I’ll wait until I’ve seen it before I praise or trash it.

He's doing it because this is Zack Snyder. Hence the other post earlier.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, paperheart said:

What he does is try to stir the pot. Then if you respond even a little strongly he notifies the mods to see if he can get someone a strike. I've already been given a heads up on this.

:eyeroll:

29 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What he does is try to stir the pot. Then if you respond even a little strongly he notifies the mods to see if he can get someone a strike. I've already been given a heads up on this.

Oh ok, I get it. I don’t see how people can hate on Zack Snyder. Even if you don’t like his movies, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Went through a personal tragedy and donated quite a bit and raised even more for suicide prevention. One of the few guys in Hollywood I’d like to meet and have a beer with. Gary Sinise is another. 

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This is not surprising at all. 

The acting and conversation between the soldiers driving was syfi-channel lame. I loved the serious grim nature of the opening to Dawn of the Dead. But when the credits and song hits, that worked. Worked perfectly. Loved every second after that.