• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLEASE READ!!!

16 posts in this topic

To everyone here,

IF I have sold you a CGC book in the last 2-3 months it is possible that there is a COA that should go along with it from a specific collection. Please shoot me a PM and I can verify it. IF it is a book from the collection I can send you the COA. Long story but cool one.

Thanks,

Steve/Rube

(I have't checked yet, but if you haven't) You should post this in the Marketplace as well, Steve. Could be that whoever bought it only checks the forums for people selling. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep and the COA is going out in the mail tomorrow. Its "called" the Elmhurst collection and the COA will have the history behind it.

Rube

whats the story?

for us who dont have one of the books on hand

Yes, the collection is from Elmhurst NY, Nick sorry know. Most of the books I have sold were DC titles. So if anyone has bought a Flash or Brave and the Bold, Also some select FF's #27,31,52,36,53,58,30 or Daredevils 31 also part of the collection.

Rube

A little more info for all.

The Elmhurst Collection

An Original Owner Collection

This original owner collection surfaced in Elmhurst, Illinois in late 2004 when it was purchased by a

local antique dealer by the name of Glen Altvare. The antique dealer split the collection up between himself

and his son Tony and proceeded to sell the books on Ebay under the user names of "BuyOutsToo" and

"FatherandSonStore" from late September 2004 through March 2005.

The collection is comprised of approximately 7,500 books that roughly span the late 1950's to the early

80's. Many complete or near complete runs of DC & Marvel Silver Age titles are represented in this collection.

Roughly half of this collection was sold on Ebay while the other half has not yet come to market.

The quality of this collection is impressive with most of the comics grading at VF or better with some as

high as NM+ 9.6! Page quality is also excellent with most books having off-white to white pages. One telltale

signature of this collection is that nearly all post-1965 issues have incredible cover gloss, most likely due to

having been stored in mylars for many years. Another sign of this collection is that many of the 1966-68

issues have a circular white 15¢, 19¢, or 20¢ sticker over the cover price.

Really? I'd LOVE some Elmhurst books. My aunt lives there.

When we were kids, Stan Mikita lived across the street from her.

did he have a donut store?