• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC LEAGUE OF SUPER-PETS animated movie (2022)
1 1

88 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2022 at 12:36 AM, ▫️ said:

Expected to make 180 million worldwide. How much is a movie supposed to make above its budget to not be considered a dud? Not defending this movie which I haven’t seen, I’m just wondering. Double the budget? Triple the budget?  

I've heard 2.5x budget to break even on most movies.

On 9/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I've heard 2.5x budget to break even on most movies.

That's about right. Somewhere between 2.5x to 2.8x production budget is the assumption.

But with Hollywood accounting, studios can make many films a hit or miss based on their intended outcome.

On 12/30/2015 at 5:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hollywood Accounting: Isn't it as easy as reading a studio's prospectus to figure out profits?

How Hollywood Accounting Can Make a $450 Million Movie 'Unprofitable'

Hollywood Accounting: How A $19 Million Movie Makes $150 Million... And Still Isn't Profitable

NPR: We See Angelina's Bottom Line

These are articles about how studios play with their individual movie balance sheets to claim expenses, actors claim salaries not received for negotiation power later on with other movies, or doing all they can to avoid paying royalties.

I watched it with my family last weekend.

6 year old loved it, 10 year old tapped out half way though (said it was boring), my wife and I both thought it was pretty below average.  There are some pretty good animated movies these days, this one was pretty uninspired.  But I agree with above, the fan-pandering jokes were the highlight.