• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's STARGIRL series starring Brec Bassinger (2022)
1 1

186 posts in this topic

Yes; it was amazing. Yes; blew it out of the water. Yes; a lot actually.

The Final Say: 9/10: Fantastically evil villains vs well-rounded heroes = great entertainment

Stargirl: Summer School managed to be something truly special. They took their characters to new places that I wouldn’t have guessed they’d even try to go with them. Some things were a little slow to develop, like Jakeem and Thunderbolt, and others felt a little rushed at first, Jade’s training, but overall the season proved to be extremely fun, well-executed, and even frightening.

Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to next season. As of this writing you can still check out all of season 2 on the CW app. Go catch it before its gone… for like a week and ends up on HBOMax or Netflix.

On 11/7/2021 at 12:25 AM, Terry JSA said:

I know I’m late to this but I really enjoyed S2 of Stargirl. Looking forward to S3! 

I was surprised how good it was. Season 1 was good. But the showrunners taking the leap and allowing for a truly evil villain to make Season 2 super-dark was a refreshing step in the right direction for CW/DC.

While Stargirl season 3 has yet to premiere, it appears there is a death coming in the new season. In a recent interview with TVLine, Bassinger revealed that another theme for Stargirl season 3 is a "murder mystery." Without revealing which character may be the subject of this murder, the 23-year-old star teased that the hunt for the murderer will force heroes and villains to come together to find out who did it, sharing the following:

"Season 3 [is about] murder mystery and how evil and good are going to live in a town together and figure out who the murderer is.”

Seth Green Joins DC’s ‘Stargirl’ Season 3 Replacing Jim Gaffigan

There will be a new voice for Thunderbolt when DC’s Stargirl returns for its third season on The CW this fall, as prolific actor Seth Green is set to take over the role.

As reported by TVLine, the Robot Chicken creator will be replacing Jim Gaffigan in the role of the mystical, wish-granting genie, which made his debut in Season 2. Green, known for his acting roles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Austin Powers movies, has voiced characters in numerous shows, including Family Guy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:46 PM, skypinkblu said:

Probably my very best favorite of the Superhero shows...or tied with Superman

It really has been surprisedly entertaining and engaging.

Nice!  I have also (somewhat surprisingly!) been greatly enjoying this show.  DC still far outdoes Marvel when it comes to TV, no question. And I'm a Marvel guy.

I still haven't watched this. I really have no excuse.