• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's STARGIRL series starring Brec Bassinger (2022)
1 1

186 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2022 at 10:30 PM, Bosco685 said:

Anyone purchase the Stargirl Season 2 bluray? Trying to find out if it comes with a digital copy.

I did. Can't remember if I bought it in Australia or from Amazon US. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:44 AM, Cat said:

I did. Can't remember if I bought it in Australia or from Amazon US. 

I think Australia, UK and New Zealand are always just discs.

US is a mixed deal. So if your package came with digital it may have been US. Do you remember?

DC's Stargirl - 3.01 'Frenemies - Chapter One: The Murder' Season Premiere Preview Images

With Starman (Joel McHale) back from the dead and her former supervillain enemies vowing to reform, Courtney (Brec Bassinger) is hopeful that there will finally be peace in Blue Valley. But when The Gambler (guest star Eric Goins) arrives in town looking to make his amends, the team finds themselves at odds over whether he can be trusted.

Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, Anjelika Washington, Cameron Gellman, Trae Romano, Meg DeLacy, Neil Hopkins, Joy Osmanski, and Alkoya Brunson also star.

STG301_0087r_f__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.64a82c9a3679258af1d20f6b066ee22a.jpg

STG301_0057r_f__scaled_600.thumb.jpg.15162a47d8add93d3b01eea9d4254cb0.jpg

STG301_0055r_f__scaled_600.jpg.825f66c1f00e5acb92e8e2be81d30a6b.jpg

I've been rewatching Stargirl Season Two to refresh now that we are into Season Three.

Wow! Did they go dark with the stories tied into The Shade and Eclipso. In a solid way, in my opinion.

And I really like how they wrapped in Alan Scott's daughter Jennie as the show's Green Lantern.

:womanhero:

I tried Bosco, I really tried, but neither my wife or I could stomach more than 30 mins of Episode #1.

Turned it over - and we won't be trying again. 

1/10

On 10/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, Beige said:

I tried Bosco, I really tried, but neither my wife or I could stomach more than 30 mins of Episode #1.

Turned it over - and we won't be trying again. 

1/10

No worries. At least you gave it a try.

:cheers:

Season Two was a solid experience all around with Eclipso as the main villain. Plenty of emotion, questioning of values in dealing with Eclipso, and what it means to be a hero.

Season Three is much more of the same. A really good show.

While my initial reflex is to dislike the idea of Hourman no longer being limited in his power anymore (he's not an HOURman anymore, rather a 24/7man), I know it is 100% an amazing idea that is leading to what actually made the original Hourman an interesting character - addiction (and not to miraclo, as many assume, but rather to thrill of superheroing and being powerful that caused him to neglect family, work, and basically anything not JSA related). Just hard to stifle the cranky old man reaction to change, even when I know what good it's leading towards :D 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:12 AM, Sauce Dog said:

While my initial reflex is to dislike the idea of Hourman no longer being limited in his power anymore (he's not an HOURman anymore, rather a 24/7man), I know it is 100% an amazing idea that is leading to what actually made the original Hourman an interesting character - addiction (and not to miraclo, as many assume, but rather to thrill of superheroing and being powerful that caused him to neglect family, work, and basically anything not JSA related). Just hard to stifle the cranky old man reaction to change, even when I know what good it's leading towards :D 

We're fans. It's in our nature.

:Rocket: