• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Career Opportunities
3 3

156 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

They're always looking for good people. Having a background in comics and knowing how to grade are a plus. If you really want it, be persistent. When I applied for a job there, I sent in four different applications at the same time...  

Did you get 4 jobs?  :wishluck:

17 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

They're always looking for good people. Having a background in comics and knowing how to grade are a plus. If you really want it, be persistent. When I applied for a job there, I sent in four different applications at the same time...  

Thank you for the encouragement! I will persist. I like grading because it has a very definitive outcome. Of course. it has it's gray areas where assessment can be a little tedious but I find personal reward when I get through it. You be persistent as well!  

to CGC Management,

As a Organizational Psychologist and a long time customer, allow me to make a suggestion. The collectors market is strong with no sign of weakening, explore options for opening satellite locations. for example, an office in Los Angeles can represent west coast region, Texas can represent central region, Florida represents eastern region. this would not only relieve the flood gates of submissions to just one location, but it will reduce wait times substantially. 

My name is Phillip, I have a team of Organizational Psychologist experience to help organizations thrive. please do not hesitate to reach out with any question, and happy to help. 

To Phillip,

As someone who generally tries to do the right thing, be respectful and encourage people, but who at the same time occasionally cannot resist the urge to extract the urine, I would say that the model that you suggest could create inconsistencies in the grading results if, say, one location was stricter than the other. Once detected, such an inconsistency could lead to complaints such as "Bloody Texas and their strict grading, I knew I should have sent it to LA", not to mention the enormous cost of additional premises, staff, equipment and training. I'm not sure what an Organisational Psychologist is I must confess, but it sounds rather grand and I would expect such a qualified person to bring a little more to the table than the stark staring obvious if they were genuinely seeking business.

My name is Marwood, and I have a team of one man and his dog who have very little to offer anybody. But we can correctly spell, punctuate and capitalise most of the time, which is a start.

P.S. You were joking, weren't you?

On 4/28/2021 at 10:34 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

To Phillip,

As someone who generally tries to do the right thing, be respectful and encourage people, but who at the same time occasionally cannot resist the urge to extract the urine, I would say that the model that you suggest could create inconsistencies in the grading results if, say, one location was stricter than the other. Once detected, such an inconsistency could lead to complaints such as "Bloody Texas and their strict grading, I knew I should have sent it to LA", not to mention the enormous cost of additional premises, staff, equipment and training. I'm not sure what an Organisational Psychologist is I must confess, but it sounds rather grand and I would expect such a qualified person to bring a little more to the table than the stark staring obvious if they were genuinely seeking business.

My name is Marwood, and I have a team of one man and his dog who have very little to offer anybody. But we can correctly spell, punctuate and capitalise most of the time, which is a start.

P.S. You were joking, weren't you?

not meaning to ruffle any feathers but he said he was a Organizational Psychologist, you called him an Organisational Psychologist. I believe they are completely different occupations. :banana:

Edited by Artboy99

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

not meaning to ruffle any feathers but he said he was a Organizational Psychologist, you called him an Organisational Psychologist. I believe they are completely different occupations. :banana:

same occupation but just organized differently

Are you guys hiring for remote positions? Currently working for one of the largest sports card consignment companies as a project coordinator and would love to continue to grow in the sports card industry if you have remote positions available. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, Artboy99 said:

One is qualified to become a part of the American labor force, while one is relegated to the British labour force. But at least the British one knows how vowels work.

Edited by Brock

11 hours ago, paqart said:

I wonder how they'd react to old folks like myself? My first job at the age of 12 was at a comic book store in San Jose. My job was literally to grade and price collections because 1) I was good at grading comics, and 2) I memorized the Overstreet guide every year. later on, after acquiring and selling several collections, I became a comic book artist at Marvel and DC, one of which was made into a TV series, then a CG artist, VFX artist on superhero movies (Spider-Man, Daredevil, and others), then started a school for CG artists in the Netherlands and earned a PhD. All of this would, I think, be useful to a company like CGC. I have loads of contacts in the comic book industry, understand the history, and collecting issues. However, the new 10 point grading scale is something I am still getting used to. I'll be curious to see how closely matched my grade estimates are with the final grades of the 75 comics I recently sent to CGC.

It sounds like you having plenty of experience. CGC is actively hiring. You should contact them. :)