CGC Career Opportunities
5 5

148 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, paqart said:

I wonder how they'd react to old folks like myself? My first job at the age of 12 was at a comic book store in San Jose. My job was literally to grade and price collections because 1) I was good at grading comics, and 2) I memorized the Overstreet guide every year. later on, after acquiring and selling several collections, I became a comic book artist at Marvel and DC, one of which was made into a TV series, then a CG artist, VFX artist on superhero movies (Spider-Man, Daredevil, and others), then started a school for CG artists in the Netherlands and earned a PhD. All of this would, I think, be useful to a company like CGC. I have loads of contacts in the comic book industry, understand the history, and collecting issues. However, the new 10 point grading scale is something I am still getting used to. I'll be curious to see how closely matched my grade estimates are with the final grades of the 75 comics I recently sent to CGC.

Just so you know, there are some older folks working at CGC. And having a good understanding of pop culture is definitely a plus...  (thumbsu

On 4/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, Loaded Dice said:

to CGC Management,

As a Organizational Psychologist...

Shouldn't that be "an Organizational", not "a Organizational"?