• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

Exactly!

When silvermenagerie notes 'nobody cares about Spider-Man anymore' that has got to be some of the craziest statements. Spider-Man is one of THE key characters of the Marvel Universe.

He is and always has been Marvels flagship character. That will never change. 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:07 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

[For the record, I submit that conventional wisdom dictates Superman and Batman are both more 'popular' than any other comics character. Favoritism is another subject.]

I think thats a given. Worldwide, its always been Superman, Batman and Spider-Man. With the foundation being built for the first two 80 years ago.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:59 AM, Jaydogrules said:

So...as predicted, 0% chance this turkey hits 400 million worldwide at this point.  

Another 2021 black eye for Feige and the MCU.

-J.

They gambled on some filler with BW, Shang and Eternals but it will turn around with Spidey, Thor and Strange. Not sure how Black Panther will fare without Black Panther and The Marvels will most likely suck. I watched Nia DaCosta’s Candyman and it was pretty lackluster despite having a good actor in the lead. 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:52 PM, paperheart said:

why is the int'l number $16MM lower than BOM? like it's a week behind.

image.png.64068d66382d9e303a2914cb6382b2eb.png

TheNumbers always lags on international box office updates. But is always ahead of BOM on domestic updates.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, ▫️ said:

They gambled on some filler with BW, Shang and Eternals but it will turn around with Spidey, Thor and Strange. Not sure how Black Panther will fare without Black Panther and The Marvels will most likely suck. I watched Nia DaCosta’s Candyman and it was pretty lackluster despite having a good actor in the lead. 

I fear that not simply recasting black Panther is another serious miscalculation, as would be blowing another 200MM on The Marvels production budget.  Spidey is more of a Sony production but if it dovetails into the next Strange movie (as it seems to do), then that one should be fine. Is Thor actually in the Thor movie , or is it just going to be Lady Thor? 

-J.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:57 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Is Thor actually in the Thor movie , or is it just going to be Lady Thor? 

I believe all male MCU heroes are to be gender-swapped in P4, except for War Machine. War Machine will remain Don Cheadle. :/ 

On 12/3/2021 at 8:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

I think we had one show up like this today. Someone's son.

This is how we get Astro Boy. Now we just need a little boy to donate his skin.*

*Man was that show creepy looking back. 

On 12/3/2021 at 1:20 AM, ▫️ said:

Spider-Man will do well. Movies featuring the legacy characters will do fine. I think the new character focused movies will continue to struggle.  

My gut says Spidey gets to around $900 million, and Covid keeps it under $1 billion. Think Thor, Black Panther and Dr Strange get to around the $750 million range.  The Marvels is going to struggle and be lucky to hit $500 million.

On 12/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

rhodey-doncheadle.gif.9df9c748bff092abf47a57b9aae40e5d.gif

Great actor, terrible Rhodey. I’ve already posted at length on why. And why Rhodey was one of my favorite Marvel characters as a kid. When I first discovered Iron Man, it was him during a Tony hiatus. Rhodes is my Iron Man. When Tony returned, I was like who TF is this guy?