• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

Trying to make my points with facts and analysis and in return the argument is I dont have a brain and dont understand.  Not the best rebuttal IMO.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, kav said:

Trying to make my points with facts and analysis and in return the argument is I dont have a brain and dont understand.  Not the best rebuttal IMO.

scarecrow-from-wizard-of-oz_if-i-only-had-a-brain.png.d3ab92d2564dbc07e5167f3a2da5790c.png

On 1/22/2022 at 2:50 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Personification?  Simile ? Hyperbole? 

Too many questions?

edwin-hooper-Q8m8cLkryeo-unsplash.thumb.jpg.7a14937cb2f97c0e4f0a4809a4d70464.jpg

what's the theme of this post?

On 1/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, Mephisto said:

My wife wanted to watch this tonight. I’ve never been that interested in seeing it. However, there have been a few things recently I thought eh whatever and wound up really like them. 20 minutes into this I was out. We are maybe an hour into it at this point and my wife is just like WTF…

focus on the metaphors! :makepoint:

On 1/22/2022 at 7:39 PM, Mephisto said:

My wife wanted to watch this tonight. I’ve never been that interested in seeing it. However, there have been a few things recently I thought eh whatever and wound up really like them. 20 minutes into this I was out. We are maybe an hour into it at this point and my wife is just like WTF…

3D15D2D1-4674-4A57-BB9F-74AAE28B0633.gif

On 1/23/2022 at 2:11 PM, kav said:

See the flames are a metaphor for Neuman's inner turmoil-he wants to be part of humanity but-the jellyfish-

It's always the jellyfish. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, kav said:

I've posted articles, quotes, and video clips pointing out the deeper subtexts within Batman Begins, Ang Lee's Hulk, and of course, Eternals. Your only response to my posts has been "I've read lots of screenplay books!" or "No, it's not!" or mockery. I missed the part where you make points with facts and analysis. 

On 1/22/2022 at 2:51 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only based on the assumption that someone knows what the others knowledge is. 

There are many reasons for mockery.  

Kav has shown his knowledge to me and it's based on a gross misunderstanding of what his god Syd Field told him and the assumption that he thinks he knows everything because he's read screenplay books. As for yours I can only assume it's just being a joiner of the larger TrollMind.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

The quote used in this meme is nowhere to be found in the movie. This meme is "useless" other than for troll fodder.

Umm...no.

It's legitimate because:

It was used by Marvel in both an early trailer and in their social media promotion for the film.

See here, 1:08-1:15:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=514422383021134

Edited by Gatsby77