• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

sersi-and-ikaris-embrace-in-eternals.jpg

The Marvel Cinematic Universe's most popular streaming movie on Disney+ in 2022 is surprisingly Eternals - the franchise's lowest-rated movie.

https://screenrant.com/eternals-most-streamed-mcu-disney-plus-movie-2022/

"...Despite being the most forgettable MCU movie, Eternals has proved its staying power on the Disney+ streaming platform. According to Nielsen, Eternals was the ninth most popular Disney+ movie in 2022 with 4.236 billion viewing hours – the only MCU movie to crack Disney's top 10. Eternals was also listed as the 13th most popular streaming movie in general, making it an absolute standout for the platform, despite its meager reception at the box office. It earned a mere $402.1 million — low for an MCU movie — on a $200 million budget..."

On 1/31/2023 at 4:15 PM, alexgross.com said:

my son aksed me and i didnt knows the answer- is them makings a second eternalz movie? i havent hearded nothing bout one...

It keeps going back and forth. Even with actors being asked and sharing they have told there is no sequel at this time. But with MCU The Direct, it has repeatedly stated and hinted the movie is coming. But never gets announced. Yet.

On 5/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, Cat said:

I think ... I think... this is a plot point of one of the other Marvel movies.  

On 5/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, Cat said:

BTW, for anyone who didn't pick up who this is. This is one of the Russo brothers, directors of Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. 

As I posted previously in the Eternals thread, one major problem with that thing is that it steals all the Galactus gigantic-space-guy thunder. We've all awaited that gigantic-space-guy Galactus visual. Eternals appropriated that visual impact for itself, several times, from earthborn scenes to spaceborn scenes. Eternals cannibalized Disney's FOX characters purchase, just as Thor did with giant-rocky-guy KORG & Ben.  

On 2/7/2024 at 6:36 PM, paperheart said:

via Deadline: Kumail Nanjiani is recalling the release of Marvel‘s Eternals and revealing he had to go to counseling following the negative reviews the Chloé Zhao film received.

2cNo mention if MCU fans also needed therapy after watching movie.

This was my first Marvel movie that I watched that was so bad, after 15 minutes, I fast-forwarded the entire movie just to watch the end credit scene.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:44 AM, Dr. Balls said:

This was my first Marvel movie that I watched that was so bad, after 15 minutes, I fast-forwarded the entire movie just to watch the end credit scene.

:gossip: then you will just love the new "Marvels" 

On 2/8/2024 at 9:50 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip: then you will just love the new "Marvels" 

Ohhhh don't say that! I'm stuck watching that film all the way through. I'll watch the worst Marvel movie ever if it has Brie Larsen in it :x

On 1/5/2024 at 11:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

Ouch!

Screenshot_20240104-1944472.png.05189a686780276d4d7e301710af6ee8.png

They even paved the way for an Eternals entry in Agents Of Shield and then just forgot about it.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Ouch!

Screenshot_20240104-1944472.png.05189a686780276d4d7e301710af6ee8.png

Ok, I am in no way defending the Eternals movie because it straight up sucked and was so boring I couldn't get past 20 mins in each time I tried to watch it (2 times before I gave up).  But anyone can claim that "Their version would have been the best OMG thing in the world" after the fact (even though I guess it wasn't good enough to get the show made and not good enough to be used as the premise of the movie).  These Hollywood types just kill me.