• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 7/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, valiantman said:

The Celestials have returned to Earth to judge humankind.  Humans are essentially powerless to stop them, but the Eternals (also living on Earth) aren't completely useless.  Uniting the Eternals, humans, and the Deviants (ancient mutants) could be the key to stopping the Celestial "Judgment Day".

At least, that's what Jack Kirby was doing in the 1970s series.

You know I don't speak Spanish...

In that case, Eternals eat a wheel of cheese.  The Celestials aren't even mad.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

"A Prehistoric Location."  Kevin Feige said the movie will be full-on Jack Kirby. Does this mean then that we might get elements of his 2001 Space Odyssey series and maybe even a little Devil Dinosaur...?

devil.jpeg.16cb356eab53065cefea1fd655669062.jpeg

Yup.  Devil could bite off Arishem's thumb, disabling the formula of destruction inscribed on it, thus saving the Earth and countless other worlds from annihilation.  

Sersi finally...?

1140833517_ScreenShot2019-08-05at6_20_07PM.thumb.png.f690e3c1d85baaf14108c7d6b17ae6e1.png

If Gemma Chan will be Sersi, kind of makes sense being that the director is Chinese-American. When the Eternals casting notes for mysterious archaeologist "Karen" went out, it stated they were looking for a woman in her 30's of ethnic descent, like Asian. Chan fits that.

In the Neil Gaiman Eternals story, Sersi is unaware that she is an Eternal. Is this the story they're going with? Could Sersi have named herself Karen as she lives life on Earth as a human and archaeologist as her profession? Will she be the one, instead of Ikaris, who finds the Tomb of the Eternals a la Eternals #1?

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I am so confused by everything you posted.

Sersi (along with Ikaris) is the star of the Eternals in the comics, so it follows she will be the star of the Eternals movie. The director will be Chinese-American. It seems Marvel Studios has been choosing directors who can directly identify with the movie's star i.e. a female director for Captain Marvel, Ryan Coogler for Black Panther, a Chinese-American for Shang Chi. Perhaps Chloe Zhao was chosen as director for the Eternals, not only for the international cast, but because the lead character will also be of Chinese descent (sort of).

In the initial stages of pre-production on the Eternals, two casting requests went out for the movie for a character named Karen and one named Piper. We all assumed Piper would be Sprite, that was wrong I guess. But who was Karen? In the casting description, Karen is an archaeologist in her 30's, she's warm yet a strong leader, and is of ethnic descent such as Asian or Middle Eastern. This Karen never came out on stage at SDCC. Neither did Sersi. A theory could be that Karen is actually Sersi and that Gemma Chan will play her.

In the Neil Gaiman Eternals limited series that came out 10 years ago, Sersi lives on Earth and has amnesia and doesn't know she is an Eternal (like Carol Danvers in her movie). It's possible that this is the storyline that the Eternals movie is going with in regards to Sersi. And perhaps that is why she is called Karen. And if Karen is an archaeologist, then perhaps they may re-create the opening scene from the very first Eternals comic book (Eternals #1) where Ikaris leads some archaeologists on a quest through the jungle to a lost city of the Eternals. But perhaps instead of Ikaris, it will be Sersi. Just a theory.

Eternals-margo-e1551162392579.jpg.070a71fbb8584489f9838a0cc67385bb.jpg

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sersi (along with Ikaris) is the star of the Eternals in the comics, so it follows she will be the star of the Eternals movie. The director will be Chinese-American. It seems Marvel Studios has been choosing directors who can directly identify with the movie's star i.e. a female director for Captain Marvel, Ryan Coogler for Black Panther, a Chinese-American for Shang Chi. Perhaps Chloe Zhao was chosen as director for the Eternals, not only for the international cast, but because the lead character will also be of Chinese descent (sort of).

In the initial stages of pre-production on the Eternals, two casting requests went out for the movie for a character named Karen and one named Piper. We all assumed Piper would be Sprite, that was wrong I guess. But who was Karen? In the casting description, Karen is an archaeologist in her 30's, she's warm yet a strong leader, and is of ethnic descent such as Asian or Middle Eastern. This Karen never came out on stage at SDCC. Neither did Sersi. A theory could be that Karen is actually Sersi and that Gemma Chan will play her.

In the Neil Gaiman Eternals limited series that came out 10 years ago, Sersi lives on Earth and has amnesia and doesn't know she is an Eternal (like Carol Danvers in her movie). It's possible that this is the storyline that the Eternals movie is going with in regards to Sersi. And perhaps that is why she is called Karen. And if Karen is an archaeologist, then perhaps they may re-create the opening scene from the very first Eternals comic book (Eternals #1) where Ikaris leads some archaeologists on a quest through the jungle to a lost city of the Eternals. But perhaps instead of Ikaris, it will be Sersi. Just a theory.

I identify as an Eternal. Why didn't they cast me for the lead...?

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You can't limit what I can and cannot identify as.

Next, you're gonna say my brother can't identify as a potato with limbs...

You and your brother can identify as swiss cheese on rye if you like but everyone else would probably just identify you as an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. The U.S. Census identifies people by their race or ethnic origin.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

You and your brother can identify as swiss cheese on rye if you like but everyone else would probably just identify you as an insufficiently_thoughtless_person. The U.S. Census identifies people by their race or ethnic origin if they're brown.

You're taking everything far too literally.

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Says the guy who literally used a censored insult in a response.

That's literally taking it way too literally, dude. Calm down.

Well that was more of a figurative response.

And just because my avatar is an old white guy doesn't mean I identify as a "guy" or "dude". Now that's taking it too literally.

Okay, so this thread is literally going nowhere now...

Edited by @therealsilvermane