• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE WITCHER (12/20/19)
4 4

248 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 5:26 PM, media_junkie said:

Finished the 2nd season today.  I enjoyed it other than the fact that 8 episodes is not enough.  LOL.  I hope season 3 gets picked up.

+1

I just finished binge watching it and season 2 was great. The production quality and pacing was a step up from season 1. They need more episodes.

During a recent interview on Brigade Radio, director Stephen Surjik said The Witcher season 4 has already been “mapped out.” Surjik, who helmed season 2 episodes “A Grain of Truth” and Kaer Morhen,” is set to return for two episodes of season 3. Although he’s unsure if he’ll be back for season 4, it certainly sounds that way. Read Surjik's full quote below:

"The writers and producers mapped out Season 4. Oh yeah. I don't know if I'm part of that mapping program, but at least they told me that they're mapping it out.”

Netflix's third season of The Witcher is currently in production with filming underway in England, but as far as teasers and reveals go, those have been pretty slim in the past few months. Most of what's been talked about pertained to reports about character castings and other supposed plot details, but this week, we did get at least a quick look at the filming of The Witcher Season 3 with eagle-eyed Witcher fans able to spot both Henry Cavill's Geralt and Joey Batey's Jaskier in the behind-the-scenes look.

The footage in question comes from director Gandja Monteiro who shared a brief video on Instagram (via Redanian Intelligence). 

Filming of The Witcher Season 3 has been underway for a while now, but it hit a snag recently due to COVID complications that caused work on the show to temporarily be put on hold. Rumor was that Henry Cavill, the star of Netflix's The Witcher who plays Geralt of Rivia, had tested positive for COVID which would naturally limit what all could be done. Netflix never said definitively who had COVID but did confirm production had been paused, though according to the newest reports, filming has apparently resumed including the filming of Cavill's scenes.

News of The Witcher resuming filming overall came not long ago from Redanian Intelligence, an outlet centered around The Witcher which has a pretty solid track record for these sorts of insights. The resumed filming supposedly dealt with scenes that didn't involve Cavill, but as of this week, the site is now reporting that Cavill is back on set to continue filming.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hopefully it ends with a natural finale in the Season 5-7 range. Can't really think of any good shows that lasted more than 8 seasons.

Cheers, Friends, and Seinfeld all lasted longer, I think.

On 8/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, kimik said:

Cheers, Friends, and Seinfeld all lasted longer, I think.

Smallville lasted 10 seasons, and it was 6-10 where it got very interesting with the JSA, Legion of Super-Heroes and Zod with the Krypton Army.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Generic comedies definitely have more leeway. The Office and Modern Family were also great.

The Office tanked after "Micheal Scott" left.  Replacing him with "Andy Bernard" was a HUGE, HUGE, mistake.  I get why they did it, Ed Helms "star" was rising because of the "Hangover" films (which I didn't really care for), but he was just unlikeable (not in a good way) as the boss.  When it first aired I watched all seasons, but now that it has hit streaming I stop watching when Steve Carrell leaves.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, media_junkie said:

The Office tanked after "Micheal Scott" left.  Replacing him with "Andy Bernard" was a HUGE, HUGE, mistake.  I get why they did it, Ed Helms "star" was rising because of the "Hangover" films (which I didn't really care for), but he was just unlikeable (not in a good way) as the boss.  When it first aired I watched all seasons, but now that it has hit streaming I stop watching when Steve Carrell leaves.

The show refocused on Jim and Dwight with Michael gone, though. While that 1 change sucked, it didn't kill the show.