• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE WITCHER (12/20/19)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

S2 was ok.

Could have done it all in 5 normal length episodes with a 90 minute finale. There seemed to be less action, profanity and nudity this season. I'm not sure if it made it better or worse.

I'll watch the next season, but it needs to be a bit quicker paced.

Speaking to TV Insider, Hivju reveals that his costume for Nivellen in The Witcher season 2 was created entirely with prosthetics and not CGI. Describing his wardrobe as an "enormous process," Hivju details that the costume department first took a sculpture of his full body, and then built his suit upon it. The actor further explains that "everything you see -- [his] hands, [his] feet, [his] body" is real. Hivju jokes that even his nipples had to "fit into the suit." View Hivju's explanation of his The Witcher season 2 Nivellen costume being created out of prosthetics below:

"It was an enormous process. First, they did a sculpture of my full body, and then built the suit upon my body, so even my nipples fit into that suit. [Laughs] Everything you see — my hands, my feet, my body; it’s real. It’s prosthetics. And that was amazing. We could have done this with me running around in a slim green suit, you know? So, I think it was a fantastic choice to do it, so I could be in the room with the actors and play for real. I think it’s beautifully done, and when you look into his eyes, they’re my eyes."

Nivellen-Tormund.jpg.820fcfdbbb6616c8ccf2d28aedf6e03b.jpg

I thought this season was pretty good, but I struggled with some elements. They significantly changed one group of characters from the books/games, and while I have no problem with that on principle, in this case the changes seemed pointlessly destructive and bad. They also spent a great deal of time setting up all sorts of political intrigue with various factions which hopefully will pay off down the line, but which meant in this season, we had a lot of long storylines with characters I don't care at all about. And I really disliked the final episode. 

Henry Cavill is great, though. I just wish we got a lot more of him and less of everything else.

On 12/21/2021 at 4:56 AM, Wolverinex said:

@lizards2  how are you liking it?  I watched the first episode and enjoyed that it so far.  not enough Yennefer though

Loved it - we watched a couple episodes the first day, and binged the rest the next day.

In a video shared via The Witcher Netflix on YouTube, showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich spoke on introducing the Wild Hunt and how they’re all individual characters. She said that each member of the Wild Hunt will get fleshed out and receive their own backstory explored in season 3 and beyond. Read the full quote below:

“We will actually start to delve into them as real characters, and they will get the same backstories as all of the rest of our characters do. Why we thought this season was right for the Wild Hunt, is that we’re starting to delve into Ciri’s powers a little bit more. In fact, that’s Geralt’s main thrust in this season is not just does he want to protect Ciri and train her, but he needs to understand what he’s protecting her from, what he’s training her for, and part of that investigation for him is into her powers—what are they, what do they access, and sort of what are the ripples that they’re going to cause through the Continent.”

On 1/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, Wolverinex said:

Finished and loved it even though Yennefer's clothes were omnipresent. Great actors and fantastic show.  

Have you watched The Umbrella Academy?