• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAFCON — October 17-18, 2020
1 1

93 posts in this topic

Bart Bush, driving force behind the OAFcon has passed away unexpectedly.  

03FDD1A2-FC12-4335-A3DE-35050C9DAE94_zps

Buddy Saunders notified me of this sad news earlier today. it Is my understanding that efforts are already underway to continue OAFcon next year.  More on this as it progresses.

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Buddy Saunders notified me of this sad news earlier today. it Is my understanding that efforts are already underway to continue OAFcon next year.  More on this as it progresses.

I saw it posted on his FB page this afternoon and it was a sharp punch to the gut as I know he was such an important part of OK comic scene.

On 9/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Has there been any word or developments in terms of OAF for 2021 and beyond?

5 hours ago, mysterio said:

Has there been any word or developments in terms of OAF for 2021 and beyond?

It has been announced on Facebook that Oklahoma promoter Peter Purin has coordinated with the late Bart Bush's wife Barbara, Buddy Saunders of mycomicshop, and original OAF members Robert Brown, John McMahan and others to bring OAFCON back October 2nd-3rd, 2021. As before, the event will be held at Embassy Suites in Norman.

Peter says he plans to hold an auction benefiting Bart's family.

Edited by MBFan

12 hours ago, MBFan said:

It has been announced on Facebook that Oklahoma promoter Peter Purin has coordinated with the late Bart Bush's wife Barbara, Buddy Saunders of mycomicshop, and original OAF members Robert Brown, John McMahan and others to bring OAFCON back October 2nd-3rd, 2021. As before, the event will be held at Embassy Suites in Norman.

Peter says he plans to hold an auction benefiting Bart's family.

That is tremendous news, thanks for sharing it! Since I have been boycotting Facebook for the past few months I had no chance of seeing it. Already looking forward to it!