• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 8:02 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I am a bit disappointed that Wanda isn't portrayed as Magnetos daughter.

One of the biggest desired missed for me. I really wanted them to tie to the two worlds together. It would have been really cool.

Especially with that fantastic Scarlet Witch costume she ended up with. They could have had 'father' come out to show her a way to use her powers for mutantkind.

Magneto01.jpg.5f6d062c3016648cf60228458a047f67.jpg

Finally watched it - in my quest to watch the MCU in timeline order.

It was great!

I have no idea how some people spent silly money on a comic on the back of it though!  

Thoughtful, intelligent show

8.5 / 10

On 7/12/2022 at 3:28 AM, Beige said:

Finally watched it - in my quest to watch the MCU in timeline order.

It was great!

I have no idea how some people spent silly money on a comic on the back of it though!  

Thoughtful, intelligent show

8.5 / 10

I still actually more or less like the A plot.  The B plot was terrible.  I also did not like parts of the final minutes.  The Monica completely letting Wanda off with regards to her actions, the Quicksilver fake out, and Agatha being the big bad (feels like last minute changes were made here) still do not sit well with me. Still my favorite MCU show with Loki as the second, but I am not sure that is a very high bar. 

On 7/24/2023 at 10:32 AM, drotto said:

I still actually more or less like the A plot.  The B plot was terrible.  I also did not like parts of the final minutes.  The Monica completely letting Wanda off with regards to her actions, the Quicksilver fake out, and Agatha being the big bad (feels like last minute changes were made here) still do not sit well with me. Still my favorite MCU show with Loki as the second, but I am not sure that is a very high bar. 

I think that a lot of that was because they greenlit Season 2 - Agatha

Be interesting to see where it goes

On 11/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

This show was great by accident. It wasn't the show that was great. It was the enthusiasm for the show that was great. 

There was so much about it that was great but none of it held together in the end. It was a highly entertaining and highly welcome confusion. 

Great timing! 

On 11/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, TupennyConan said:

This show was great by accident. It wasn't the show that was great. It was the enthusiasm for the show that was great. 

There was so much about it that was great but none of it held together in the end. It was a highly entertaining and highly welcome confusion. 

Great timing! 

I have to agree that there was much excitement around this show. And there were so many risks they could have gone with. Like with Michael Fassbender showing up later on.

But we got THAT ending. :shiftyeyes:

On 11/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have to agree that there was much excitement around this show. And there were so many risks they could have gone with. Like with Michael Fassbender showing up later on.

But we got THAT ending. :shiftyeyes:

It was a really strange show, both at the time & in retrospect. It's hard to sort out today if it was the show that was great or the timing. There's some kinda ratio. Has to be.  

After that, it was in fact great but ended in a terrible muddle. It is a really strange qualified greatness.

Agatha, for example, was A+, but at the show's conclusion, I had decided that I thought the actress was A+, not Agatha. How'd that happen?  

Quicksilver was great. Boner wasn't. Boner was a disaster. American Horror Story kid was just fine, if not great. Say what?

Additionally, it was weird like the Twilight Zone, which is usually a plus, but in this case it damn well seemed like the Disney+ audience at home were the folks who'd landed there. The F. 

It was the strangest tv bait&switch I can think of. Loved it. I wonder what it'll be like on a second viewing in the midterm future.  

On 11/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, TupennyConan said:

It was a really strange show, both at the time & in retrospect. It's hard to sort out today if it was the show that was great or the timing. There's some kinda ratio. Has to be.  

After that, it was in fact great but ended in a terrible muddle. It is a really strange qualified greatness.

Agatha, for example, was A+, but at the show's conclusion, I had decided that I thought the actress was A+, not Agatha. How'd that happen?  

Quicksilver was great. Boner wasn't. Boner was a disaster. American Horror Story kid was just fine, if not great. Say what?

Additionally, it was weird like the Twilight Zone, which is usually a plus, but in this case it damn well seemed like the Disney+ audience at home were the folks who'd landed there. The F. 

It was the strangest tv bait&switch I can think of. Loved it. I wonder what it'll be like on a second viewing in the midterm future.  

Great summary!

But I will not be watching it again.