• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are going to be reprising their roles as Vision and Scarlet Witch for the series, which will be some sort of mix between a bold adventure and 1950s family sitcom. It certainly looks to be a unique experience, and the stars of the project are promising exactly that.

"It's definitely the oddest of all the Marvel endeavors so far," Bettany told IGN at D23 Expo.

"It's super avant-garde and weird. I don't think either of us could have expected to be going in this -- if we were going to continue in this -- [and for] it to continue in this direction," he continued later in the interview. "I'm so excited, the scripts are amazing. It's going to be just great to drill down further into these things."

Part of what makes this show somewhat strange is the fact that it will have a pretty substantial sitcom tone to it. It was described during the panel as "half sitcom, half MCU spectacular," which is certainly different than just about anything we've seen in the MCU to this point. That said, Elizabeth Olsen would argue that there is plenty of source material supporting the idea of Wanda and Vision in a comedy together.

"There are plenty of comic books that support why both of these characters should be in a sitcom," she said.

I have a feeling the rumors are going to come true Wanda went mad due to her killing Vision before he was brought back and destroyed by Thanos. :ohnoez:

On 8/24/2019 at 5:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe:

Turns out this was total BS from someone wanting to play a joke on Disney fans.

Oh well. It seemed to make sense if Wanda is losing it and has people floating in and out of the show as false memories.

Marvel Boss Says Wanda Maximoff Is Strongest MCU Character

Over the past decade-or-so, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has introduced some dynamic and interesting characters into its oeuvre. With an array of different superpowers and genius intellects on display, the question of which character is the "strongest" frequently comes up in the fandom. While that debate can arguably go on forever and ever, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has a unique perspective on which superhero is the most formidable. Feige was asked that question during a recent Q&A session at the New York Film Academy and argued that this year's Avengers: Endgame showcases just how powerful Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) is.

"If you look at Endgame, Wanda Maximoff was going to kill Thanos," Feige explained. "That's as scared as I've ever seen Thanos, and if he hadn't said 'Decimate my entire team' to get her off of [him], I think she would have done it."

Wanda's set of powers has been an interesting and ever-evolving thing in the MCU, but it's hard to deny that she can make a major impact in a fight. Her skillset is going to be explored even further in 2021's WandaVision, a Disney+ original series that will see her fully become the Scarlet Witch.

"Having the opportunity to tell more of their story, to see more of what Wanda can do, more of what makes Vision Vision, and — most importantly — reveal a name that I'm not even sure we've said in the MCU yet, but we absolutely make a big deal of in the show, which is that Wanda is in fact the Scarlet Witch," Feige explained earlier this month.

“I’m just so excited for fans because if they know anything about the Scarlet Witch in the comics, I think this show will just get them so excited,” Olsen teased earlier this year. “This show will explore why she’s known as Scarlet Witch and how she is Scarlet Witch as opposed to Wanda. We’ve always referred to her as Wanda in our films, so it’s an exciting opportunity.”

WandaVision Audition Tape Seemingly Confirms That QUICKSILVER Is Returning To The Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's been common knowledge for a while now that Marvel Studios has been looking two cast two eight-year old boys for WandaVision and the prevailing theory is that they will be playing young versions of Wiccan and Speed (the Scarlet Witch and The Vision's children). 

Well, in an audition tape that since been deleted - which likely adds credibility to it being the real deal - an actor in that age range is shown talking about Halloween , the rumoured setting for the Disney+ series, and mentions his "uncle" along the way. That's has to be a reference to Quicksilver!

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has previously said that there are no plans for him to return to the MCU as the speedster who gave his life protecting Hawkeye during the battle with Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, he may not have been contacted about this WandaVision return at the time and it's not like he would have confirmed this role when Marvel is so secretive. 

Audition tapes like these do tend to include generic -script pages but seeing as WandaVision is going to revolve around Wanda Maximoff's reality-warping powers, why wouldn't she use those to bring back the brother she lost?

Prediction: Wanda goes mad, creates an alternate multiverse, and that's what this show is.

Then ITMOM, Doctor Strange has to navigate the multiverse to find the MacGuffin byproduct that actually knows how to work as a teammate (and knows how to traverse the multiverse) to defeat his villains.

Apparently WandaVision will also lead in to Captain Marvel 2. Perhaps it makes sense as adult Monica Rambeau, S.W.O.R.D., and Hulkling ( son of a Kree[Mar Vell?] and a Skrull) make their MCU debut in this series. Perhaps that's why the show's writer is also writing CM2.

If this show is tying in to two major MCU films, then the show must be a big deal.

Edited by @therealsilvermane