• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I was an extra for the W/V series recently.  I can't say anything of import because of the NDA, however I had some real geek out moments.  It was SO cool to see Paul B suited up as Vision for the shoot.  

So, to combat selfies or any spying photos from the extras, when you get there they have you turn off your phone and drop it into a small pouch with a locking mechanism at the top.  I'm actually not sure if it was magnetic or something else (there was no key), but I couldn't open it once they locked it.  When my day was over the person who released me kindly asked me to show my "photo roll" on my phone so she could check for photos.  They're very serious about leaks.

One of the other extras had been there for 13 days in a row and he told me how the scenes we were shooting related to some of the other stuff he had shot.  So I was able to piece together some plot.  Exciting :headbang:

I was there for 12 hours.  70% was boredom, but the other 30% was pretty cool.  I was part of 2 scenes on 2 radically different sets.  When my episode airs I'll come back on here to let you know who I was.

I doubt I will be going back out for any more shoots but I had a good time and I can't wait for the show to come out.

That Pinewood Studios facility is pretty awesome.

Cool story (literally).

My dad had a friend who was looking for an extra to play in Batman v Superman (they shot scenes for Gotham in Detroit). My dad practically begged me to do it, but I was pretty lazy, and from what I heard it was a gruesome experience for little payoff. An acquaintance was there for 12 hours, got paid for 8 (like $65 total), and only shot for about 30 seconds. No Cavill or Affleck around. I think I made the right choice lol.

28 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I was an extra for the W/V series recently.  I can't say anything of import because of the NDA, however I had some real geek out moments.  It was SO cool to see Paul B suited up as Vision for the shoot.  

So, to combat selfies or any spying photos from the extras, when you get there they have you turn off your phone and drop it into a small pouch with a locking mechanism at the top.  I'm actually not sure if it was magnetic or something else (there was no key), but I couldn't open it once they locked it.  When my day was over the person who released me kindly asked me to show my "photo roll" on my phone so she could check for photos.  They're very serious about leaks.

One of the other extras had been there for 13 days in a row and he told me how the scenes we were shooting related to some of the other stuff he had shot.  So I was able to piece together some plot.  Exciting :headbang:

I was there for 12 hours.  70% was boredom, but the other 30% was pretty cool.  I was part of 2 scenes on 2 radically different sets.  When my episode airs I'll come back on here to let you know who I was.

I doubt I will be going back out for any more shoots but I had a good time and I can't wait for the show to come out.

That Pinewood Studios facility is pretty awesome.

Amazing how major leaks come out with controls like this.

Though the only real details about the show outside of official Disney events has been bloggers.

hm

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Cool story (literally).

My dad had a friend who was looking for an extra to play in Batman v Superman (they shot scenes for Gotham in Detroit). My dad practically begged me to do it, but I was pretty lazy, and from what I heard it was a gruesome experience for little payoff. An acquaintance was there for 12 hours, got paid for 8 (like $65 total), and only shot for about 30 seconds. No Cavill or Affleck around. I think I made the right choice lol.

Luckily I have a skill set that they needed for the shoot so I got paid pretty well.  The casting agency told me I was getting paid for 8 hours and everything after that would be time and a half (which would be really great) but when I went to sign my paperwork at the end of the day they told me my pay was for 12 hours, NOT 8 hours.  I have the emails to back up what the casting agent told me so I should be able to get my extra money (maybe the casting agency will have to pay the extra?)

From talking to the other extras, they all got $85 for 12 hours.   That's pretty low pay, but they all seemed happy.  It makes for a loooooong boring day though.  Food was amazing!  The catering is exceptional.

Seeing Paul B in costume really made the experience for me.  Kat Dennings was in the scenes too so I got to see Darcy :headbang:

Edited by gadzukes

EXCLUSIVE: Evan Peters Playing Mystery Role in ‘WANDAVISION’

The world needs some good news. Thanks to a familiar and trusted source (the same L.A. based source who told me about Peyton Reed signing on for Season 2 of The Mandalorian), I have learned that Evan Peters (American Horror Story, X-Men) signed on for a key role in the Marvel Studios Disney Plus streaming series WandaVision. The 33-year old Peters landed the role late last year and filmed his scenes shortly after.

The nature of Peters’ role is being kept under wraps and that is likely to generate a great deal of excitement and confusion among fans given that the actor has thrice portrayed Wanda’s brother, Pietro, in Fox’s X-Men franchise. Of course Peters is also well-known for his portrayal of several terrifying villains over the course of 8 seasons of American Horror Story, opening up the possibility that he’s landed a role as WandaVision’s big bad. Given the nature of the series, Peters could be playing anyone from Nicholas Scratch to Mephisto.

peters.jpg?resize=768,384&ssl=1

The waters would seem to get muddy quickly should Peters be reprising his role as Pietro and then crossing over into the MCU, but rumors have persisted that WandaVision will somehow feature Wanda’s deceased brother though Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who played the speedster in Avengers: Age of Ultron, has made it very clear that we shouldn’t plan on seeing him suit back up as Quicksilver any time soon. So if Taylor-Johnson isn’t back and Quicksilver is, that would mean a recast, something Marvel Studios has done successfully in the past, and Peters would be an interesting choice given the majority of fans seem to gravitate towards his portrayal of the character. This is just one possible option, of course, and perhaps not even the most likely, but it’s the one that quickly comes to mind.

31 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Is this real or fan made.  That's pretty cool.

I believe they are fan-made. The only official poster has been that 50's image. Which is really cool with the Scarlet Witch an Vision shadow image in the background.

WandaVision will emulate sitcoms tropes - which indicates that Kathryn Hahn's character might actually be a villainous version of Agatha Harkness.

Details for WandaVision have been kept firmly under wraps - but a subversive twist could see Scarlet Witch's comic book mentor serve as the show's villain. After dominating the big screen for three phases of storytelling, the Marvel Cinematic Universe will more officially branch out into television. Set to air on the Disney+ streaming service, the myriad shows will give a larger focus to such supporting characters as Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, and Loki. WandaVision will center on Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) as they begin to suspect that their ideal suburban existence is not quite as it seems. Created and written by Jac Shaeffer, the six-part series will blend sitcom with traditional Marvel-style action.

However, despite some considerable losses, Wanda has managed to remain largely well-adjusted. Furthermore, the WandaVision teaser emphasized the character being somewhat surprised by the realities she finds herself navigating. Both of those facts lend themselves to Wanda not quite being emotionally ravaged enough yet to have created them. Equally, the synopsis suggests that she will likewise not have the delusional belief needed to live unquestionably within them. Instead, it could be that WandaVision will have a plot not too dissimilar from The Truman Show and the world(s) will be more like a prison. If so, like in that classic Jim Carrey film, the world would still need an architect. Fortunately, the answer for who that could be (if not Wanda) may lie with Kathryn Hahn's mysterious character and Marvel Studios' method for maintaining the secret.

Agatha-Harkness-Scarlet-Witch.jpg.96426df44d2ab064de6cb5fac79dfd2f.jpg

WandaVision Reportedly Delayed to 2021 Disney+ Release

A new report from The Hollywood Reporter claims that, due to the coronavirus pandemic halting production on virtually all movies and TV series around the world, the Disney+ debut of WandaVision isn't expected until spring of 2021. While neither Disney nor Marvel Studios had confirmed an official release date, the streaming platform teased earlier this month that it was expected to debut on the service at some point in 2020. Despite the various setbacks Marvel Studios productions faced this year due to the pandemic, restrictions on TV productions are beginning to lift in different parts of the world, potentially allowing WandaVision to resume production imminently.

Luckily, principal photography on WandaVision wrapped before productions were put into a complete lockdown, but the complicated nature of bringing such a fantastical premise to life requires the collaboration of a number of teams, all of which have been impacted in different ways.

Production on the series had progressed so much, in fact, that fans got their first official glimpse at it during a Super Bowl commercial earlier this year.

"Yes, I'm back for WandaVision... I am such an admirer of Kevin Feige, he has taken such a risk with the show, and the concept of this show. It's beautifully written by and her staff of writers - and it is f-cking bonkers," Bettany shared back in January. "I mean it's so out there and nuts, the choices that they are making. And fans will not have to wait that much longer... they'll much more of an insight, very, very, soon as to what it may look and feel like."

Elizabeth Olsen Deactivates Instagram Account

Elizabeth Olsen has made a big change to her online presence.

Fans were to quick to notice that the 31-year-old WandaVision actress had deactivated her Instagram account on Saturday (August 29).

As of right now, there’s no explanation as to why she deactivated her account. Elizabeth isn’t always a frequent Instagram poster, and has gone on long breaks of not posting anything for a while.

Guess it is accurate.