• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount Plus HALO series (2022)

92 posts in this topic

I went and watched it on YouTube. Thanks for the alt link @Bosco685 but I didn't want to sift through 11 minutes of chatter to find the trailer (I appreciate it though). It looks a LOT better than I was expecting. And I'm pretty sure that was Gwendolyn Christie we saw there, right? Aka Brienne Of Tarth and Captain Phasma. She's PERFECT for this show. She IS a Spartan.

It'll take me a while to get used to Chief's voice, and the very different look for Cortana, but bring it on! 

Wort Wort Wort! 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

Oh that's not far away at all. We have Paramount Plus here, but it's a running joke even among people with shows on it that they've got no idea how to sign up for it. 

And of course, got to watch this one for the futuristic not-at-all different 2001 Chevy Suburban that's so prominently featured. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

A new trailer for Halo reveals Master Chief ordering troops to battle and a sprawling backstory in the new Paramount+ series. Based on the Microsoft game developed by Bungie, Halo follows the exploits of Master Chief, a Spartan soldier in the future battling in an interstellar war with a group of aliens called The Covenant. The Halo game series is one of the best-selling Xbox titles of all time, selling more than 81 million copies to date, with the latest iteration, Halo: Infinite, having just been released in December of last year.

While speaking with Collider for the series' premiere, Master Chief actor Pablo Schreiber revealed that Halo season 2 will begin filming this summer. Though keeping details on the next chapter of the series under wraps, the star said they have a hard date on production for a key location due to "weather-related" issues. See what Schreiber shared below:

"We'll be filming again this summer. We're still figuring out exactly what the start date is, but we will be in production by summertime because we have a hard date that we need to be up and running in order to get some location that is weather affected."

Show kicks off tomorrow :banana:

The Halo TV series will air Thursdays on Paramount+ at 12 AM PT/3 AM ET. The series premiere will debut on March 24th and the show is expected to run for 9 weeks. For those who have never used the streaming service, they can get a 7-day free trial. Subscription plans for Paramount+ start at $4.99/month. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers can also get a free 30-day subscription to Paramount+ starting today. The Halo TV series is set in a different timeline from the games, meaning the events of the show will not inform the games and vice versa. Whether or not the creators will adapt any elements from the games remains to be seen, but it does allow the show the luxury of some creative freedom.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

THAT was a lot of action packed into a 58 minute pilot. AND I LOVED IT!!

:banana::ohnoez::banana::ohnoez:

Great premier episode! I’ll tell you one thing, I sure wasn’t expecting how graphic it was in the opening scene. Dang! 

I have only one gripe, and it won’t effect my enjoyment of the show but…

Spoiler

why do we need to see Master Chief’s face?  Mystery is a good thing and they just tossed 20 years of it into the garbage bin. 

Edited by bentbryan

On 3/25/2022 at 2:47 AM, bentbryan said:

Great premier episode! I’ll tell you one thing, I sure wasn’t expecting how graphic it was in the opening scene. Dang! 

I have only one gripe, and it won’t effect my enjoyment of the show but…

Reveal hidden contents

why do we need to see Master Chief’s face?  Mystery is a good thing and they just tossed 20 years of it into the garbage bin. 

They can’t seem to resist. You know who did it right? Dredd. That should be a damn series.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:04 AM, ▫️ said:

Just realized I bought my dad a years sub of Paramount so he can watch Seal Team, the NCIS stuff, Blue Bloods etc. I need to dig out that password.

Yeah, I got a sub for my nephews who needed it for Champions League and Europa League.  I guess I'll check this out.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

THAT was a lot of action packed into a 58 minute pilot. AND I LOVED IT!!

:banana::ohnoez::banana::ohnoez:

+1, and I never played the Halo game. Spent a lot of $$ on the special FX (like Mandalorian or Battlestar Galactica tv) for episode 1 with Master Chief, Spartans vs The Covenant. More action packed than Moon Knight ep. 1. Onto Halo ep. 2.

After the second episode I’m not sure what direction they are going with this story. The setup for Cortana is different from what ‘she’ is in the games (at least what I remember).  It seems that Cortana’a AI will overlay Master Chiefs consciousness, giving the UNSC control. Whereas in the game she was more of an assistant. 

Overall,  I do like the show so far. Hoping we get to see Spartans kicking some Covenant butt soon.  

Watched the first episode on Prime…it was good. I’ve never played Halo so I had no expectations or basis to complain about the source material…it’s just a good Sci-fi show to me. 

BUT, no way I’m adding another streaming service to watch episode 2+ on Paramount+…I’ll wait for it to be free. I’ve got enough services…

Oh man episode 2 was bad guys, so freaken bad. 

Also I find it hilarious that the promo pic and main image for the show is literally Master Chief with no helmet, but focusing on the helmet. Like they know what we are here for (that helmet!)  but they also don,t want to falsely advertise.