• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

I've been in advertising/promotion coming up on 44 years next month, this is one of the most clever, strategic marketing campaign slogans I've seen in a very, very long time. Kudos with OMGs, this is medicinal quality William Bernbach DDB ad copy you rub on your gums and not leave anything on the table.

I like it... I like it a lot. Fact is I love it and wish I had thought of it decades earlier myself. Pretty slick! :applause:

907054805_Shazam!!OMGs.thumb.png.ad72445481a84468dc3b0ef7476abf3b.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

On 1/26/2023 at 6:45 PM, Jaydogrules said:

This one will struggle to even hit 300MM worldwide.  

Remind me again how this and black adam even got green lit in the first place , given the nothing box office returns of the first one? (shrug)

-J.

I'm not sure about box office but I enjoyed the 1st one and I'm excited to go see the second.  It may do better then we think just because kids movies have been doing pretty well this winter (parents getting rid of their teens for a couple hours).  Any word yet on the budget?

On 1/27/2023 at 6:41 AM, 1Cool said:

I'm not sure about box office but I enjoyed the 1st one and I'm excited to go see the second.  It may do better then we think just because kids movies have been doing pretty well this winter (parents getting rid of their teens for a couple hours).  Any word yet on the budget?

The only reference to a budget I've been able to find was a Rolling stones article that said it was $125MM.  But that was from 6 months ago and that number could be stale.

-J.