• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

We have learned that the sequel, which is currently set to release on November 4, 2022, is set to begin filming in the spring of 2021. This will provide the film with a generous amount of time in post-production to fine tune the visual effects. Since it’s quite probable that Shazam! 2 will flesh out the seven realms of magic, this timetable can only help the film. Additionally, it’s worth noting that the entertainment industry is in a constant state of flux due to COVID-19, and while it’s possible that filming has to be delayed due to our country’s ridiculous inability to consistently wear masks, the plan right now is for Shazam! 2 to film next spring. 

You can expect more information and updates on Shazam 2 on August 22nd at DC Fandome, which is featuring a Shazam panel. I would also like to add that if Black Adam moves it’s release date back, like we think it will, that would make 2022 an incredible year for fans of the Shazam universe. Follow that up with a battle between the two terrific titans in either Black Adam 2 or Shazam 3, as Zachary Levi said would happen, and DC will ideally have achieved some of it’s finest work in the DCEU. 

Sinbad is starring in a “Shazam” movie after all — maybe.

The actor and comedian joined Zachary Levi and the cast of “Shazam!” during the DC FanDome virtual fan convention, where the sequel’s official title was revealed as “Shazam: Fury of the Gods.”

Levi kicked off the “Shazoom” call by explaining to fans that he was “a little limited” about what he could talk about when it came to the sequel, so he invited a few surprise guests to the panel — including co-stars Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Faithe Herman, Meagan Good, Adam Brody and director David F. Sandberg.

When Sinbad jumped onto the video conference, Levi looked surprised asking, “Sinbad, are you in ‘Shazam 2?'”

“You tell me, John Krazinski, am I? Because everybody though I was in ‘Shazam 1’ before it even existed — Google it,” Sinbad joked, referencing the internet theories that he’d starred in a comedy about a genie called “Shazam” in the 1990s. (In 1996, Shaquille O’Neal played a genie in a movie titled “Kazaam.”)

“People think I was in that one too, ‘Shazam,’ ‘Kazaam,’ all the Kazaams, I’m relegated to the false memories of the Tide generation man,” Sinbad said. “I’m going to work right now to rectify the situation once and for all with a big, prominent role in ‘Shazam 2,’ thank you very much.”

At DC FanDome last month we learned that the sequel to the Zachary Levi led superfilm SHAZAM! would indeed be getting a sequel in the form of SHAZAM!: Fury of the Gods.

Audiences were pleasantly surprised with David Sandberg’s SHAZAM! and all of the magical elements it introduced into the DCEU. The first film saw Mark Strong as the villainous Dr. Sivana, and what a performance that was! As for the villain(s) in the follow-up Sandberg teased, “I can’t really talk about villains or villain, but I think a lot of people will be surprised,” Sandberg said. “It’s gonna be a little unexpected.”