• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Knight #1 (Atlas 1955) Club!
3 3

166 posts in this topic

This thread inspired me to add a second copy to my collection- it’s just such a unique legacy character first Appearance- atlas, 1955, Stan Lee story, awesome cover, multiple first Appearances (the sword, Morgan le fay, the black knight) and extremely low supply. If there was ever a confirmation of a black knight in the mcu, even if it were Dane (doubt it will be sir Percy), this book is set for explosive growth. 

943C3215-3C16-45FB-B81B-493225145FD7.jpeg

On 6/29/2019 at 12:06 PM, Robo99 said:

This thread inspired me to add a second copy to my collection- it’s just such a unique legacy character first Appearance- atlas, 1955, Stan Lee story, awesome cover, multiple first Appearances (the sword, Morgan le fay, the black knight) and extremely low supply. If there was ever a confirmation of a black knight in the mcu, even if it were Dane (doubt it will be sir Percy), this book is set for explosive growth. 

943C3215-3C16-45FB-B81B-493225145FD7.jpeg

Hoarder! Nice looking copy. 

On 7/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, waaaghboss said:

A really rough looking copy of the first issue just showed up on the bay.  Been watching for a bit, first one I've seen for sale in a while.  

Watching it too - should be interesting to see what it goes for 

2D9AC7BC-45FC-40FB-AF02-EE8890A3D2C9.jpeg

I'm actually surprised that Dane Whitman's first appearance in Avengers #48 is worth so little. After the technical addition to the roster of the Swordsman and then Hercules, he was the next major player and had a key role several times.  But historical merit doesn't always translate into commercial value...

2 hours ago, World Devourer said:

I'm actually surprised that Dane Whitman's first appearance in Avengers #48 is worth so little. After the technical addition to the roster of the Swordsman and then Hercules, he was the next major player and had a key role several times.  But historical merit doesn't always translate into commercial value...

tenor.gif.4476b9ee83cef1691165edd028ab3cc0.gif

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

18 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Another one just hit the bay, if anyone's still looking to join the club.  Starting 750, looks a bit rough with some loose pages.  Thinking it'll end at 1200, taking bets.

What do you think a CGC 5.0 would sell for? :popcorn:

2 hours ago, Robo99 said:

Well the one that recently sold on eBay for 1300 was probably no better than a 2.0 so I would guess $4000 or more - if there’s a black knight announcement for the mcu than more given there’s like 40ish in the census 

Wonder what a 7.0 would go for hm