• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, TupennyConan said:

I suppose everyone knows whose hand it was that touched young Echo's chin with approval during her fight training. I'm really happy about it. 

Yep, and unfortunately the series is half over and that one scene was the best part of the show so far. The Disney+ shows have great production but I have found them underwhelming. Hawkeye so far for me has been dull to say the least. The shows just seem to be advertising for what’s coming.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Episode 3 was a fun ride!

Seeing a brief glimpse of Echo's origin was really good. Zahn McClarnon (Westworld, Doctor Sleep, Bone Tomahawk) as her father was cool to see. But he is such a solid actor it would have been nice to see more of him.

Halfway through, and at least the ending came to an interesting teaser for the next episode.

I thought episode 3 was fantastic

Hawkeye in action (killing people with a bow and arrow) is a joy to watch

The elegance in that combat style (clean/precise) reminds me of @TupennyConan

On 12/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I thought episode 3 was fantastic

Hawkeye in action (killing people with a bow and arrow) is a joy to watch

The elegance in that combat style (clean/precise) reminds me of @TupennyConan

His Kung Fu can never be matched!

kungfu-karate.gif.8508556771c7a194961959b6d6a992e4.gif

As much as I love the fact that we’re finally an MCU project wholly dedicated to street-level stuff (with more to come it seems), it’s also such a strong reminder what a great actor Jeremy Renner is. The scene on the phone with his son was really something.

“The biggest surprises are yet to come…”. They show what we all assume/know to be

Spoiler

Kingpin - listening to the audio it seems 100% certain to me.

But then they show the other character with the green night vision goggles? Thoughts?

Edited by fmaz

On 12/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, fmaz said:

“The biggest surprises are yet to come…”. They show what we all assume/know to be

Reveal hidden contents

Kingpin - listening to the audio it seems 100% certain to me.

But then they show the other character with the green night vision goggles? Thoughts?

He is either playing it cool or truly not in the show.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Yelena_Belova.jpg.8926d188eb9ca1fbcab29b25eda4f72e.jpg

Yelena Belova?

Yeah that’s what both my son and I are guessing… but we don’t feel great about it.  The show so far, and MCU of late has been kicking butt with some comic-accurate looks.  This doesn’t ring any bells for me.  Maybe it does for someone else. 

On 12/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, Xenosmilus said:

Yep, and unfortunately the series is half over and that one scene was the best part of the show so far. The Disney+ shows have great production but I have found them underwhelming. Hawkeye so far for me has been dull to say the least. The shows just seem to be advertising for what’s coming.

Here, here.  Couldn't agree with you more.  The ogling over shows that are just 'eh' is beyond me; rehashed characters, storylines, and so on.  I get that Marvel is a business and needs to generate dollars but the content is all-in-all bland.  Granted, I'm fully aware not EVERY episode or show should showcase BOOM MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! however the shows are borderline boring, no thrills, no new characters to fall in love with.  Bland.  Are they produced well?  Abso-freaking-lutely.  Are they interesting?  As a whole, not really.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, sagekilz said:

Here, here.  Couldn't agree with you more.  The ogling over shows that are just 'eh' is beyond me; rehashed characters, storylines, and so on.  I get that Marvel is a business and needs to generate dollars but the content is all-in-all bland.  Granted, I'm fully aware not EVERY episode or show should showcase BOOM MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! however the shows are borderline boring, no thrills, no new characters to fall in love with.  Bland.  Are they produced well?  Abso-freaking-lutely.  Are they interesting?  As a whole, not really.

D+ is still walking the very difficult line that to make interconnected shows interesting they need big reveals and expanding.  It is needed to keep people coming back.  Then you take all that content and put it behind a paywall.   Now, as a company you can't do too much with those shows for fear of alienating people that do not have access, because that could negatively affect the movie side of things.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:43 PM, drotto said:

D+ is still walking the very difficult line that to make interconnected shows interesting they need big reveals and expanding.  It is needed to keep people coming back.  Then you take all that content and put it behind a paywall.   Now, as a company you can't do too much with those shows for fear of alienating people that do not have access, because that could negatively affect the movie side of things.

I think this was certainly a concern at the outset? But with Wanda confirmed to play a big part in the new Dr Strange movie with her character arc after WandaVision (both in power set and in just narrative) and with the rumors that both

Spoiler

Loki and Sylvie

will be appearing too… I think they’re now expecting people to be up to speed. 

Uncle?

When TV Line's inside scoop journalist, Matt Webb Mitovich, was asked recently about any updates regarding Hawkeye, Mitovich teased a big development. The reporter revealed that he's heard that episode 5 "should blow up Twitter a bit." That was the extent of the update, however, and Mitovich didn't give any more information about what specifically audiences could expect from the episode. Nevertheless, this small teaser comment will certainly convince viewers to tune in when Hawkeye episode 5 releases on December 15.