• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

I thought the people here would appreciate Modok more than your average viewer. There are tons of easter eggs and D list characters that would probably never see the light of day in any MCU movie. The show has a naked Mandrill, crazy!

On 12/14/2021 at 7:32 PM, Lpgk said:

I thought the people here would appreciate Modok more than your average viewer. There are tons of easter eggs and D list characters that would probably never see the light of day in any MCU movie. The show has a naked Mandrill, crazy!

MODOK was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Only watched 3 episodes of Hit Monkey so far, on the fence really.

We'll watch Hawkeye tonight probably!

On 12/15/2021 at 2:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

Another really good episode.

And that ending! :shiftyeyes::ohnoez:

To include the animated credits when you see who it shows in the end.

:fear:

Spoiler

Honestly, there were a lot of other things in the episode before the ending that already made it my favorite episode.  I didn't think much of Florence Pugh in Black Widow, but for some reason, her character has really grown on me.  I think just how immature and awestruck she is by things.  Her extended interaction with Kate was so enjoyable.  I watched it and thought "here are two characters just talking, not even about anything relevant to the show, just talking...and I'm enjoying the out of it."  Their personalities just worked well in a  buddy cop sort of way.  And that opening sequence to the episode?  I really liked seeing the blip from the perspective of someone who was dusted.  The way they reversed it and used the dusting CG on the room environment as it changed was well done.  Plus it's just interesting to see the confusion from people as they try to piece together what's happening around them.

Edited by ExNihilo
spoiler tagged

On 12/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, ExNihilo said:

Honestly, there were a lot of other things in the episode before the ending that already made it my favorite episode.  I didn't think much of Florence Pugh in Black Widow, but for some reason, her character has really grown on me.  I think just how immature and awestruck she is by things.  Her extended interaction with Kate was so enjoyable.  I watched it and thought "here are two characters just talking, not even about anything relevant to the show, just talking...and I'm enjoying the out of it."  Their personalities just worked well in a  buddy cop sort of way.  And that opening sequence to the episode?  I really liked seeing the blip from the perspective of someone who was dusted.  The way they reversed it and used the dusting CG on the room environment as it changed was well done.  Plus it's just interesting to see the confusion from people as they try to piece together what's happening around them.

Agreed! It was a really good episode. I just was avoiding posting details so early in the day if others hadn't seen it yet. Other than to hint to hang on through the credits for an additional confirmation.

:banana:

On 12/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

Agreed! It was a really good episode. I just was avoiding posting details so early in the day if others hadn't seen it yet. Other than to hint to hang on through the credits for an additional confirmation.

:banana:

Oh sorry, I went back and spoiler tagged my post.  I've really limited my online presence of late to avoid Spider-Man spoilers and just needed an outlet for Hawkeye.  :P

On 12/15/2021 at 5:09 PM, ExNihilo said:

Oh sorry, I went back and spoiler tagged my post.  I've really limited my online presence of late to avoid Spider-Man spoilers and just needed an outlet for Hawkeye.  :P

No worries

:cheers:

On 12/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

I was going to post pretty much the same thing. Agree with you on all of it especially the opening scene.  

What a great episode of a great show!

The end, of course, was fantastic for so many reasons (and I guess I feel obligated to keep things in spoilers for today still just in case people wander in without having seen it yet?) …

Spoiler

but  what I particularly loved, aside from seeing Kingpin in the MCU proper … was how they did it.  All of sudden he wasn’t just introduced as a new threat… he was introduced as a HUGE threat who had been operating for quite sometime, primarily, we can assume during the “Blip” — a time we don’t know a ton about. Brilliant.

But more than the ending, the whole show has such a great comic vibe. Loved WandaVision and Loki, but this show really points out the flaws of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Instead of playing like something just a bit “lesser” than an MCU movie, this plays like an issue of a comic right after the conclusion of a big story arc… when you get those smaller, more personal stories that often focused on side characters (in an individual book) or one team member (in a team book).  The stakes can still be big for that person, but not as “epic” as saving the world.  And it allows for great interpersonal moments that you can’t get in the world-saving epics.

The Yelona - Kate Mac ‘n Cheese Summit 😂 will inform the relationship of those two characters throughout their time in the MCU, and was just a joy to watch… and as great as it was it would have likely been the most popular extra on the Hawkeye movie Blu-Ray. 

Sad that there’s only one more episode to go, but this is one series I’m looking forward to rewatching.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go back into my internet blackout cocoon until my 10 am Saturday morning Spidey showtime.

🙉

On 12/15/2021 at 6:45 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

I think this is my favorite Disney+ show so far. What a fun episode and that ending.

Loki is still my favorite, I mean THANOSCOPTER!

But Hawkeye is, so far, a very close 2nd.  And this 5th episode really rocked it.  It feels so "Die Hard".  I guess Hawkeye will be a Christmas series now and forever more.

It is incredible how early on before the show's release I assumed this was just going to be a Disney+ time filler.

Now, I actually look forward to every episode. And it never disappoints. To include matching the natural fan assumptions of what major character WOULD BE INVOLVED if this story was done right.

Outstanding!

On 12/16/2021 at 3:56 AM, Bosco685 said:

It is incredible how early on before the show's release I assumed this was just going to be a Disney+ time filler.

Now, I actually look forward to every episode. And it never disappoints. To include matching the natural fan assumptions of what major character WOULD BE INVOLVED if this story was done right.

Outstanding!

This sentiment seems exactly what readers and critics were saying about Fraction’s Hawkeye series, which a lot of this show is based on - right down to the logo. I recommend checking out the first two TPBs for anyone who hasn’t read it.