• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Lpgk said:

you're right, i forgot about USAgent. who knows, marvel likes to swerve people. 

USAgent didn't seem movie worthy. He was too cheesy. Maybe after getting grim and gritty they switch him up a bit but all in all he was cheese city.

How about...White Vision, Sylvie, Abomination, Mordo, Killmonger (wait, he's dead) M'Baku?, and maybe Swordsman (he's a bit cheesy as well though).

They could go a lot of ways. In a perfect world they promise DeFoe a lead role in a Dark Avengers as a tradeoff for coming back and he's Superior Spider-Man.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, Bird said:

USAgent didn't seem movie worthy. He was too cheesy. Maybe after getting grim and gritty they switch him up a bit but all in all he was cheese city.

How about...White Vision, Sylvie, Abomination, Mordo, Killmonger (wait, he's dead) M'Baku?, and maybe Swordsman (he's a bit cheesy as well though).

They could go a lot of ways. In a perfect world they promise DeFoe a lead role in a Dark Avengers as a tradeoff for coming back and he's Superior Spider-Man.

USAgent seems to be too obvious a choice. Also, he's not a villain. Dark Avengers is clearly villains, basically the worst that Osborn could conjure up, with the exception of Songbird. 

I would really like to them develop Abomination. In his mutated form, he doesn't seem to have much of a personality; hell he barely even speaks. In the comics, he is a well formed, crafty villain who was given a lot of depth when Peter David was writing him. And for some reason I think Swordsman would be a good. He does seem cheesy, but for all we know that could just be a front. 

They could bring DeFoe back and he could steal Stark tech to get a real Iron Patriot. 

That sound you hear is the sound of a million doors to a million Marvel stories opening all at once because of the final seconds of this week’s episode of Hawkeye. We don’t have any time to waste with an intro paragraph, so let’s throw up a SPOILER ALERT for Hawkeye Episode 5, “Ronin,” and get moving!

Spoiler

After a relatively short wait of two weeks, we have an answer to one of Hawkeye’s biggest mysteries: who is the big man pulling the strings on Maya Lopez (Alaqua Cox) and the Tracksuit Mafia? The answer is, of course, Kingpin (Vincent D’Onofrio). If this reveal didn’t make you jump off your couch with excitement, then, well, you are not like me.

hawkeye-5-kingpin-eleanor.jpg.bec4c8bfd42d34731352b5a695b0a2c8.jpg

It’s also telling that this episode debuted mere days before the release of Spider-Man: No Way Home in theaters. Now, the release dates of all of Marvel’s TV shows and movies have shuffled around a bunch because of COVID-19, so who knows if this was intentional. It’s just fun to point out that Netflix’s Kingpin is arriving in the MCU the same week that a whole bunch of actors who played Spider-Man villains in non-MCU Spider-Man movies are returning to the big screen.

Anyway — this reveal sets us up for Hawkeye’s grand finale, which will air next Wednesday on Disney+. How much Kingpin will we get to see? And are there more tricks left in the show’s quiver? The finale can’t come fast enough.

As has been speculated by others, I think the MCU will split into an upper level tier and a lower level tier and they won't cross over as much as they have in the past.

The upper level tier will involve the big gun or fantastic power heroes who deal with more cosmic/multiversal level events and they'll be heroes like Captain Marvel, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, She-Hulk, Shang-Chi, Dr Strange, Eternals, etc. and they'll deal with big gun threats like aliens, Kang, Korvac, etc.

The lower level tier heroes will be those with with lower powers or no powers and will include heroes like Sam Wilson Captain America, Winter Soldier, the new Black Widow, Kate Bishop, Moon Knight, etc. They will deal with more earthbound street level threats and this lower tier's "Thanos" will be the Kingpin.

The real big reveal in the end...

Spoiler

Who Is S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 19?

shield-agent-19-hawkeye.jpg.734d096702e44cc392955923410acdf5.jpg

We’ve already speculated pretty heavily about one of the big mysteries in Disney+’s Hawkeye: who owns that Rolex watch Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) was chasing after? And now, thanks to the finale, we finally know. Spoilers past this point, but as suspected, the Rolex belongs to Laura Barton (Linda Cardellini). And not only that, it seemingly confirmed that Laura is S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 19.

A bit of explanation here is necessary, because unlike other aspects of the explosive final episode, titled “So This Is Christmas?”, the moment that reveals Laura’s true identity is relatively subtle. After Clint finally returns home for Christmas, he hands out presents to his entire family. While one kid freaks out about a Nerf gun, Clint takes a quiet moment with his wife.

MOCKINGBIRD :whatthe:

Kingpin and Echo's relationship really does echo that of Thanos and Gamora. With that...

IMG_1619.thumb.jpg.842927818b35ba6e32b7143a226e6bbe.jpg

Btw, Kingpin must have taken some kind of black market version of the super soldier serum or something. I know in the comics he's just a really muscular dude but that can't explain everything in a live action version.

On 12/22/2021 at 5:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

The real big reveal in the end...

Hide contents

Who Is S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 19?

shield-agent-19-hawkeye.jpg.734d096702e44cc392955923410acdf5.jpg

We’ve already speculated pretty heavily about one of the big mysteries in Disney+’s Hawkeye: who owns that Rolex watch Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) was chasing after? And now, thanks to the finale, we finally know. Spoilers past this point, but as suspected, the Rolex belongs to Laura Barton (Linda Cardellini). And not only that, it seemingly confirmed that Laura is S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 19.

A bit of explanation here is necessary, because unlike other aspects of the explosive final episode, titled “So This Is Christmas?”, the moment that reveals Laura’s true identity is relatively subtle. After Clint finally returns home for Christmas, he hands out presents to his entire family. While one kid freaks out about a Nerf gun, Clint takes a quiet moment with his wife.

MOCKINGBIRD :whatthe:

So what does that mean for Agents of SHIELD then?  :/

On 12/22/2021 at 12:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

Gosh that musical was awful

Are you kidding?  I've been asking for the full dance number ever since episode 1.  That was almost everything I could have asked for.  xD