• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, Larryw7 said:

On 12/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

But that was Marvel Studios' Christmas gift to fans

:roflmao:

I pretty much hate all musicals but that one was especially cringeworty. I also wanted to hulk smash something after I sat there for 5 minutes and there was no easter egg of any sort. What MCU brass thought it was a good idea to produce this segment, much less air it. 

Spoiler

Also is Kingpin really dead? I'm guessing he was wearing some sort of flak jacket as he also took a couple of Kate's arrows at point blank range and just shrugged it off. 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Enjoyed this very much.  Found it to be the consistently best of the live-action DIS+ Marvel series so far. Great to see another NFLX character join up.

Agreed. Prior to this, I thought Loki was the best of the bunch. Now it's close between that and Hawkeye. They neatly wrapped up several plot threads and resolved it nicely. Also, I enjoyed Swordsman, even though he never did suit up. However, his character was well written and the actor did a fine job. Hopefully, we'll see him later in Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts. 

Regarding the sneak preview of Rogers! The Musical, while meant to poke fun at the idea that anything popular gets made into a musical these days, I actually appreciated how for a majority of the "Save the City" number, the performers weren't the Avengers but ordinary New Yorkers in an ordinary Village People kind of way. For me, it kinda presents the idea that New York isn't these Marvel heroes in colorful spandex but the doctors, the business people, the lawyers, the cops, the waiters, and the construction folk that make the city tick.

Loved the ending and the show in general. Florence Pugh was better in this series, by far, than she was in BW movie. And my wife thought Renner was interesting for perhaps the first time in the MCU. I enjoyed Echo and Kingpin. He has to be physically surprising.  The ending of the episode was indeed a surprise, but no body means not really dead, we know that much right?

On 12/22/2021 at 3:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

Gosh that musical was awful

I disagree.  I loved it 100%.

Of course I'm a Theatre Major and have been in many musicals thru the years so I'm biased.

I applaud the effort put in to making that and performing it.

I can see some fans cringing (the same ones who don't like musicals in general), but I had a smile on my face the whole time.  I want to see Rogers the Musical now.

Edited by gadzukes

On 12/22/2021 at 10:20 PM, gadzukes said:

I disagree.  I loved it 100%.

Of course I'm a Theatre Major and have been in many musicals thru the years so I'm biased.

I applaud the effort put in to making that and performing it.

I can see some fans cringing (the same ones who don't like musicals in general), but I had a smile on my face the whole time.  I want to see Rogers the Musical now.

Loved the episode...

Spoiler

I was so hoping that Disney wouldn't kill him off..

I grew up in NYC and I've always loved and have seen MANY many many musicals...anything I could get to. But  I have to say, that I honestly thought that show was supposed to be a funny spoof.  If it's a "preview" of a more serious show, I will have to skip the "real" one.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:23 PM, skypinkblu said:

Loved the episode...

Hide contents

I grew up in NYC and I've always loved and have seen MANY many many musicals...anything I could get to. But  I have to say, that I honestly thought that show was supposed to be a funny spoof.  If it's a "preview" of a more serious show, I will have to skip the "real" one.

Yes, I agree, it seems to be a spoof, but the Marvel fan in me, and the "musical" fan in me really enjoyed the spirit of it.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:29 PM, gadzukes said:

Yes, I agree, it seems to be a spoof, but the Marvel fan in me, and the "musical" fan in me really enjoyed the spirit of it.

I thought it was cute! :foryou: but I don't think I'd want to sit through 2 hours of it, lol

OMG.  This was the worst series so far on Disney+. :boo:

I thought Falcon and Winter Solider was hot garbage until I finished this joke of a series. 

Ending was so lame with predictable dialogue.

Terrible final episode.  It felt like a CW show it was so corny and cringe, especially the post credit scene. 

No wonder my Disney stock is plummeting. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:23 PM, skypinkblu said:

Loved the episode...

Reveal hidden contents

Have you seen the big Marvel Avengers "Live" productions that were touring the country before the Pandemic hit?  They were so corny and awful.... but I loved it (I got free tickets to it once).  It was more geared for kids, but I found myself really enjoying it.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:30 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I thought Falcon and Winter Solider was hot garbage until I finished this joke of a series. 

Terrible final episode.  It felt like a CW show it was so corny and cringe, especially the post credit scene. 

I agree with much of what you say.  To me the last episode was the worst and that was a big let down, but..... it was still watchable to me, whereas I couldn't watch most of Ironfist.  Hawkeye wasn't great but I still enjoyed it.

On 12/22/2021 at 8:36 PM, gadzukes said:

I agree with much of what you say.  To me the last episode was the worst and that was a big let down, but..... it was still watchable to me, whereas I couldn't watch most of Ironfist.  Hawkeye wasn't great but I still enjoyed it.

I am hopeful that Moon Knight and She-Hulk will be better cause I am tired of this past stuff from Endgame.  Time for new stuff.  

On 12/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, gadzukes said:

Have you seen the big Marvel Avengers "Live" productions that were touring the country before the Pandemic hit?  They were so corny and awful.... but I loved it (I got free tickets to it once).  It was more geared for kids, but I found myself really enjoying it.

Nope...but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:30 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

:fear:I like Superman and Star Girl on CW...I'm not expecting Shakespeare;)