• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s HAWKEYE (TBD)
5 5

343 posts in this topic

Why is the Kingpin strolling around by himself with some horrible Hawaiian shirt on?  The build-up to him being some ominous presence fell flat to me.  Even this relationship with the Maya girl seems rushed to get to where they need to be.  

Should of kept him behind the scenes pulling strings.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:38 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Why is the Kingpin strolling around by himself with some horrible Hawaiian shirt on?  The build-up to him being some ominous presence fell flat to me.  Even this relationship with the Maya girl seems rushed to get to where they need to be.  

Should of kept him behind the scenes pulling strings.

Not saying I disagree (I loved Netflix Kingpin), but they are clearly moving him closer to the comic book version of the villain. I'm totally fine with that. MCU TV shows and movies are based on comic books right? I'm just happy Kingpin/D'onofrio is back and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be back (see my previous post).

As for the Hawaiian shirt...

Amazing_Spider-Man_Family_Business_Vol_1_1.jpg

“As soon as Kevin revealed the fact that Charlie was going to participate, Charlie called me immediately and we had a huge conversation about it, which didn’t include anything about Hawkeye,” D’Onofrio tells The Hollywood Reporter. “But when they showed the phone shot of Kingpin in [last week’s] episode of Hawkeye, I immediately called Charlie and we had another two-hour conversation. So we are friends and we do talk about this stuff, but we do it very carefully and in an appropriate way.”

D’Onofrio is also making it clear that he treated Hawkeye‘s Fisk as the same character from Daredevil. And even though the character appeared to meet his end at the hand of Maya “Echo” Lopez (Alaqua Cox), there’s comic book precedent for Kingpin surviving their violent encounter. D’Onofrio has since added that he wants to keep playing this role and talks as if there’s a future ahead of him.

“In Hawkeye, the thing that will continue to ground him is that he’s based in an emotional foundation,” D’Onofrio says. “That’s what I think is the key to my portrayal of Fisk. You can do anything you want with him, but his inner self is that of a child and a monster.”

Spoiler

What I envision in the opening scene of Echo is we see Maya taking the shot at Kingpin but Daredevils Billy club comes flying in to knock the gun out of her hand.  Fight ensues and that's all I got. 😄 

Edited by Jemin

I finally got around to seeing this and have to admit, it's the best Disney Marvel show/movie I've seen in a while.

They finally got me to care about Hawkeye and Kate Bishop is easily more likeable than most, if not all, of the characters taking over phase 4.

Jeremy Renner is in “critical but stable condition with injuries suffered after experiencing a weather related accident while plowing snow earlier today,” his spokesperson told Deadline on Sunday.

Renner, a two-time Oscar nominee, is the star of the returning Paramount+ series The Mayor of Kingstown and Marvel’s Hawkeye series on Disney+ as well as the Avengers and Captain America films.

Deadline had heard word of an accident and that Renner had been airlifted earlier Sunday to the hospital. His spokesperson said his family is with him now and he is “receiving excellent care.” We will let you know more when we hear it.

According to the Reno Gazette-Journal, Renner has a home in the area, near Mt. Rose-Ski Tahoe, about 25 miles from Reno. The region saw a winter storm hit on New Year’s Eve that resulted in 35,000 homes across Northern Nevada’s Washoe, Carson, Douglas, Storey and Lyon counties losing power as of this morning, according to the paper.

Initially my thought was "what is a guy with Jeremy Renner's money doing plowing his own driveway" but of course it turned out to be quite a different situation.  Good on him for helping - this seems like a pretty harsh result for Good Samaritanism.  Wish him a speedy recovery and successful rehab.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:30 PM, chezmtghut said:

Apparently this is JR's snow plow. If that thing ran over his leg(s), I'm surprised he still has all of his limbs.

Jeremy Renner was 'run over' by 14,330-pound snowplow, says ...

If if was over soft new snow the give likely saved his leg, and his life.